Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August Beauty Faves




Hi pretties!

I hope your week is amazing so far! So I know that I typically post about fashion, but when I took my break a few weeks ago, I decided that there were some changes I wanted to implement and other areas of interest that I wanted to introduce in conjunction with my OOTD posts. One of those things will be the introduction of beauty and skincare posts. While I have done a handful of blog posts on these subjects, I have kept these mainly to Instagram. Beauty and skincare are a huge part of who I am and I am very excited to share this part of me with you. I'll be experimenting with this for the next few months, so please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about products or any requests for posts. I have a ton of exciting changes coming soon for the blog over the next few months and I'm very excited to share with you. 


As a blogger/influencer, I do get the opportunity to try a lot of different products. Some work better than others but thankfully, I have had a great experience with nearly every product I have tried. I've included a round up of my recent Instagram faves below. These are products that I use all the time and swear by. I will likely do a more detailed review on a few of them in the future. Let me know if you have any requests!


YSL Lipstick: This lipstick is so smooth and glides right on! It's hydrating, smells amazing and provides a pretty, subtle color. This color is Pink in Paris. 

YSL Primer: This is the holy grail of primers! It has a subtle shimmer to deflect light and allows make up to glide on flawlessly while "blurring" imperfections.


Lancome Color Corrector: SO obsessed with these! They color correct like nobody's business. I mainly use the yellow for under eye circles, the green for redness (including acne spots), and the purple to brighten parts of my face. My make-up looks 1000 times better with these!


Laura Mercier Powder: This setting powder goes on translucent and keeps my skin from looking too oily (even throughout the day).

Laura Mercier Foundation: I have actually been using three foundations lately to test out. This one provides full coverage and lasts ALL DAY. The color is perfect! This is 1N1 creme.


Lancome Foundation: This foundation is super light weight while offering full coverage. I think that it's slightly less coverage than the Laura Mercier, but it's great for everyday and stays put. I have both 100 Ivoire N and 110 Ivoire C and they both look great. This one also comes in a HUGE variety of colors so finding one for your skin tone shouldn't be an issue.

Lancome Lipsticks: I am obsessed with Lancome lippies! They come in so many different colors and are highly pigmented. These shades are: Exotic Orchidee, Impatiente and Absolute Rouge. 


Givenchy Foundation: This foundation is also amazing! The bottle is smaller than the other two, but it is a great everyday foundation offering the same coverage as Lancome. I also love this is has SPF 20 already in it. I have the Perfect Vanilla, Perfect Praline and Perfect Honey shades. I find Vanilla to be closest to my skin tone. 

Lancome Brow Styler: This has gotten mixed reviews online, but I really love it! It provides a subtle coloring to the brows and keeps them in place all day. I use it in conjunction with a brow pencil and use the Chatain color. 

YSL Highlighter Pen: This little thing is magic! It can be used to highlight nearly anything. It's easy to use and does an amazing job at providing depth. I have the Luminous Ivory color. 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume: I have recently started a love affair with the Daisy perfume line and this one is no different. I absolutely love all of them! This one is limited edition and has the most beautiful feminine scent.



Michael Todd SonicBlend: I seriously don't know how I lived without this! I used to apply my foundation with my fingertips, then I graduated to a beauty blender and then I discovered this. What a difference! Instead of spinning, it actually vibrates on different speeds to disperse make-up evenly and efficiently. My make-up looks airbrushed and flawless! I will never go back.


Lancome Lipstick: Another amazing lipstick! This is Rose Lancome Matte (my fave of the bunch).

Babe Lash Serum: You've probably seen me post about this a million times, but that's because it's amazing! I am not exaggerating when I say that my lashes grew almost twice their original length after using this. It took four weeks to start seeing results, but it was worth it! I absolutely love my lashes now! I also love that it is more affordable than other competitors (currently on sale for $45). It conditions and strengthens lashes and one tube has lasted me four months so far.

Babe Lash Fiber Extend: I love to use this for photoshoots or when I want even more volume and length for my lashes. I had never used fiber mascara before so it was weird at first, but now I absolutely love it!

Babe Lash Mascara: Love wearing this mascara for everyday. It separates the lashes perfectly and pairs well with the serum. 



Lancome Lipstick: Another great lipstick! This shade is Nuit & Jour. 

Lancome Powder: These are amazing! I use the Golden shade to emphasize highlighted areas and use the Peche shade on top of my blush for added sparkle and subtle coloring. They deflect light to diminish imperfections, even out skin tone and add a glow to your complexion. 


Dior Luminizer: This is one of my all-time favorite products! This highlighter is the real deal. It is absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way. I will never stop using this. This is the Pink Glow color. 

Dior Lacquer Stick: This lip color is super smooth, hydrating and saturated. It provides a subtle sheen without looking too glossy. LOVE it. This shade is Lazy and the color is absolutely stunning!

Dior Lipstick: This color is matte and highly pigmented in the most gorgeous colors! This is the Mysterieuse Matte shade and it will be so beautiful for fall!



Hair Dryer & Brush: Of course, one of my favorite things that I use everyday is this hair dryer. It's the most amazing thing ever and worth every penny! High recommended!

Curling Wand: I will admit that I had never used a curling wand prior to this. I usually use an old school curling iron for my signature curls, but I am getting more and more used to using this. It heats up quickly and I don't have to leave my hair on it for too long to achieve a gorgeous curl. Plus, when I use it, my hair stays curled for a lot longer (which is normally difficult with my fine, straight hair)!

Which of these products are you dying to try?

xo

Shop the Post


No comments:

Post a Comment