Friday, August 25, 2017

Why You Need Blush in Your Wardrobe & Link Up




Happy Friday, darlings!

Today, I'm talking all about why you should own at least one blush-colored item in your closet. Read on to see how I incorporated this gorgeous color into my outfit!














Outfit Details:

Top: Chicwish c/o | Skirt: Chicwish | Shoes: Madora (similar here) | Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff | Necklace: RocksBox | Bracelet: RocksBox


How fun is this top and skirt combo?! I've styled the skirt before a couple of times and I never get sick of it. The cut and pattern are so feminine and pretty and I just adore the unique floral applique (it reminds me of my wedding dress)! I thought this top looked like a lot of fun so I decided to give it a shot. The sleeves are structural yet soft and feminine, which is hard to pull off. The bow is probably my favorite part! I also love that it's a crop top and can be worn with both jeans and skirts for an equally flattering look. I paired it with blush bow heels, a sparkly statement necklace and bracelet and the prettiest velvet bag that I picked up at the most recent Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I cannot wait to wear this bag into Fall!

Anyway, you are probably wondering to yourself just how much pink I have in my wardrobe. Alot :-) But have no fear, I do have a ton of other colors too! Blush is probably my absolute favorite color EVER and definitely one of my favorites to wear because it's so versatile. I think of it as basically a neutral that goes well with nearly every color. I've included my favorite color pairings below by season:


In Spring, wear blush with:
Light Grey
Light Blue
Lilac
Mint Green

In Summer, wear blush with:
Yellow
Teal
Bright Pink
White


In Fall, wear blush with:
Navy
Olive Green
Burgundy
Mauve

In Winter, wear blush with:
Black
Emerald
Dark Grey
Plum


You can wear these color combos so many ways! You can style by blocking colors with different pieces, using patterns with a hint of these colors or using accessories of these colors. If you're feeling extra creative, you can even experiment with adding a third color. You can really wear anything with blush and that's one of the reasons why I love it so much.

Which one your favorite color combo?

xo



Shop the Post:







------------------

This week's favorite is...

Threads for Thomas


I absolutely love the color and fit of this top! She styled it so perfectly!


--------------------------------------

Link up time - yay! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment