Monday, August 7, 2017

Rose Print Midi Skirt



Hi pretties! Happy Monday!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend <3 Mine was both productive and relaxing so no complaints here;-) Today I'm talking about this adorable outfit and sharing something amazing with you! Eek!











Outfit Details: 

Top: Tres Jolie Boutique c/o | Skirt: Tres Jolie Boutique c/o | Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here) | Handbag: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here) | Bracelet | Rings


I first saw this gorgeous rose print in the form of a sleeveless dress. I'm not a huge fan of my upper arms so I was elated when I found it as a midi skirt! I knew that it would look amazing with this white and black blouse. I paired these pieces with black and gold accents including my shoes, handbag and jewelry to really make the skirt stand out. To be honest, I didn't like midi skirts at first. I found them to be entirely overwhelming on my petite frame but over time, I've figured out what works for me. I've included my tips on how to style a midi skirt for a petite frame below:

1.) Find a skirt that hits just below the knee and right above the shin for the most flattering angle.
2.) For more voluminous silhouettes, tuck in your top in to create a beautiful, feminine hour glass shape.
3.) Be creative with your top for more streamlined silhouettes (voluminous, ruffle or off-the-shoulder sleeves or a slouchy sweater work beautifully )
4.) For voluminous silhouettes, wear simple heels to elongate your legs (nude coloring works best as well as any any open shoe)
5.) For streamlined silhouettes, try ankle boots or heels. 


Now on to my exciting news.....

I'm going to New York Fashion Week in exactly one month! AHHHHHH! This is my first year EVER and I have never been more excited in my life. This has been a dream of mine since I was in elementary school and I never in a million years thought it would ever come true. I always wanted to show as a designer and it's so ironic that I won't be there showing my designs, but instead watching them beautifully grace the runway. I literally cannot contain my excitement! I have never been to New York (in fact, my first time to the East Coast was in May) so this is super exciting. I cannot believe this is really happening and I can't wait to bring you all along for the ride. What in the world am I going to wear???

Thank you all so much for your support in making this dream of mine a reality! <3

xo



P.S. Don't forget to check out my feminine phone case design here!

No comments:

Post a Comment