Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Link-up Challenge: Neutrals













Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher
Sweater: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Skirt: my own design :-)
Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad
Purse: Kate Spade
Necklace & Bracelets: Target
Rings: LC Lauren Conrad

My first link-up was a success! Thank you for all who participated. I loved seeing all of your looks. Today's trend is neutrals. This should be an easy one...I figured most people have neutrals in their wardrobe. :-) Make sure to follow me so that you will be notified about future link-ups!

At the end of February, almond trees bloom all around the city I live in. There are plenty of farms and orchards, which means great photo shoot opportunities. This is my first time shooting in the orchards and I am so pleased with the results. It looks like a fairytale.

This skirt is one of my all-time favorite pieces that I have designed. It's a showstopper, for sure and make me feel like a princess when I wear it. The entire skirt is hand sewn. I had no idea what I was doing at the time so I made my own pattern and attempted to make a beautiful garment. It has six layers of tulle to make it extra poofy and the waist is trimmed with a gorgeous beaded lace. The skirt is hemmed right below the knee, but above the calf which I think is a perfect length for a short gal like me. I knew that I wanted my skirt to be the star of the outfit, but I also wanted the color scheme to be light and airy. I paired it with a stunning light pink pointelle sweater, mauve heels, a nude bag and gold accessories. There is something so magical about a light color combination. It's beautiful and feminine, understated yet detailed. And the feeling I get from wearing this is out of this world. That's what it's all about, right?

Next week's trend is Black & White




17 comments:

  1. Looooove the skirt and the photos are really good. The settings is very well picked out!

    xoxo
    Zeinab,
    http://www.zeinabalhussaini.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zeinab! I appreciate it :-)

      Delete
  2. Looovve that skirt. And it is hand sewn by yourself? Wonderful.
    The last photo is so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Again, your pictures are great! This look is great and the scene is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you pretty lady! That means so much!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous skirt!! I'm also a short girl (5ft) so never thought of wearing a tulle, no matter how much I've always wanted too!
    Beautiful outfit and surroundings! :)

    www.theenglishmuze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan! Glad to meet another shortie! (I'm 4'11") I never thought I could either, especially a poofy one. I think the length has a lot to do with it. I cut it right below the knee but above the calf so it looks flattering. I hope you try it out!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous skirt!! I'm also a short girl (5ft) so never thought of wearing a tulle, no matter how much I've always wanted too!
    Beautiful outfit and surroundings! :)

    www.theenglishmuze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job..that skirt is adorable!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! You have so much talent. And I can't get over those gorgeous trees! I'm so wishing for spring!

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krista! I appreciate it so much <3 the trees only bloom for a week or two out of the year, so I'm glad we caught them

      Delete
  8. Love the skirt; you're very creative xx

    Gaby.
    http://coolkidsdance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots!

    http://www.modifiednow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete