Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Jeans That Fit (the struggle is real)









Good morning, loves!


I apologize for the late post! My laptop stopped working mid-post last night and I have been attempting to figure out how to work our new Mac. Needless to say, it is very frustrating and difficult to go from a Windows to a Mac lol! Anyway, I'm talking about my least favorite clothing article today...jeans! Haha!












Outfit Details:

Top (on sale for under $36! - also comes in white) | Jeans: Mott & Bow c/o | Purse (also love this version) | Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad (similar here and here) | Ring

I know that I'm in the minority here but I have always had an issue with jeans. They are constricting and I can never find any that fit my 4'11" pear shaped body. You will rarely see me in jeans because I feel much more comfortable in dresses and skirts. They are fun, feminine and flattering...plus you can twirl!  ;-) You can't exactly twirl in jeans, but my main issue is the fit. I have always had a gap in the waist and could never find any jeans that fit right. I haven't shared this on the blog, but I used to play soccer and cheer in high school so my legs are pretty athletic. When you mix that with a waist that is two times smaller than your hips and having a petite frame, it makes searching for jeans a difficult and frustrating process. After many years of searching, I found the Levi's Curve ID and bought as many pairs as I could! They have lasted forever, but they sadly don't make my fit anymore. I was very hesitant about trying Mott & Bow because of previous fit issues...plus jeans are really something I need to try on. I ordered the high-waisted fit and the initial pair was way too big in the waist. I reordered a smaller size and while they are still a bit big, they fit much better than any other jeans I've ever had. They are very comfortable and I love the way they look. I'll definitely be giving them another try!;-)

I decided to pair my jeans with this fun, feminine top. Ruffles are the biggest trend right now (which I LOVE!) so of course, I had to incorporate that into my outfit. I love that the ruffle runs across each sleeve and the chest to make for a fun statement piece! I dressed it up with a pair of blush heels and my favorite blush colored bag. Since the ruffles are so excessive, I kept my jewelry to a minimum of two dainty pieces. My husband isn't a fan of this top...but I am!  And sometimes husband just don't know fashion lol!

Anyway, I cropped my photos a bit differently today. What do you guys think? Is it easier to see my outfit? Does it look too crazy? Definitely give me your input :-)

I am also looking for a few guest bloggers to post in Mid-May while I'm out of state. If you are a fashion blogger and are interested, shoot me an email at lizzieinlace@gmail.com! <3



I'd love to know what brand your best fitting pair of jeans are! Or do you have fit issues like me?
Let me know below!

xo




Shop the Post:







No comments:

Post a Comment