Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Seeing Stars



Happy Wednesday, lovelies!

I hope you are enjoying your week so far! Today, I am giving you a closer look at this adorable star print dress from Monday's post. *insert heart eyes*












Outfit Details:

Dress: Review Australia c/o | Coat: Review Australia c/o | Bag: Kate Spade (old) | Shoes | Necklace: French Kande c/o | Bracelet: Kate Spade

When it comes to patterns, I tend to lean more toward the conservative side. I'm all about florals, polka dots and the occasional stripe but when I saw this star print dress, I was sold. The cut of the dress is what I fell in love with the most. I have a thing for twirly skirts...in fact, I think the best way to rate a dress is how well it twirls. ;-) Ha! Flutter sleeves are another favorite of mine and I think partially because the are so flattering no matter the size of your arm. Although, I've been taking quite a liking to looser fit dresses lately, my heart still skips a beat for that perfectly cinched waist. This dress is both feminine and fun with the dash of retro inspiration that I love so much.

It still gets chilly in the mornings so this coat with faux fur trim is the perfect layering piece. It is absolutely stunning and goes with everything! It's definitely a "princess coat." I added a simple black heel, classic pearl necklace, and dainty gold cuff to accessorize. I usually like to add a pop of color when I wear neutrals such as black and white, but decided to go with a patterned bag in the same color palette instead. I wanted to add a fun element in a different way and by adding a contrasting pattern instead of a color, I was still able to achieve a slightly whimsical look while still being sophisticated.


What is your favorite way to wear black and white?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment