Monday, April 17, 2017

Venofye Review: Queen Bee Collection




Hello, lovelies!
I hope you all had an amazing Easter!


You should all know by now that I am the biggest skincare junkie. After working at a dermatologist's office for over three years, I realized just how important it is to protect and take care of our skin. A great skincare regime is crucial! Not only does it make your skin glow and create an amazing base for great looking make up, but it has important long term effects for slowing down the aging process and maintaining healthy skin. Today, I am reviewing Venofye, a luxury skincare brand that includes a very interesting element in their products.




When I first heard of this collection, I was both intrigued and a bit terrified. Why, you ask? Venofye is known for it's signature anti-aging ingredient, bee venom. Bee venom! I have never heard of such a thing but apparently, skincare products that include bee venom trick the skin into believing that it's been stung, therefore bringing about a plumping and tightening sensation. I thought this was such an interesting concept and I was so curious and excited to try this skincare brand because it's different than anything else I have used. I was a bit scared though because a.) I have sensitive skin and b.) I am allergic to mosquitoes...and while I haven't technically ever been stung by a bee (only stepped on a stinger), I wasn't sure if I would be allergic to them as well. I decided that I still really wanted to try it out and proceeded with caution. I did a 24 hour patch test of all the items and did not have any reactions, so I started using the skincare set - yay! I received the Queen Bee Collection which included a variety of items and have a review of each of them below.


Clarifying Cream Cleanser


I started my routine each day with this creamy milk cleanser. This cleanser is unlike anything I have ever tried! It actually comes out solid and liquefies as you rub it. It does a great job of cleaning the skin and made it look so bright and refreshed!





Facial Peeling


I am no stranger to exfoliators and have used a few different kinds, but never one like this. I used this peeling gel 2-3 times a week after cleansing.  It aids in reducing the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles and unlike normal exfoliators, you use it on dry skin instead of wet skin. Once I put the gel on my face and started to gently rub, dead skin was coming off like crazy! I seriously could not believe it. It was intense! I also could not believe how gentle it was and how smooth it left my skin.





Vitamin C Serum


After the cleanser and/or facial peeling gel, I used this Vitamin C serum. This serum incorporates two forms of Vitamin C (Teytahexldecyl Ascobate and Ascorbyl Palmitate) to leave the skin feeling soft and radiant. I have to say that I love the entire collection, but this was my favorite item! It smells SO good! I could smell it all day! And it definitely lives up to the hype because my skin was most definitely feeling both soft and radiant.





Day Moisturizer


I applied this moisturizer after the serum. This lightweight moisturizer is designed to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, leaving the skin looking luminous and vibrant while also assisting in rejuvenating and plumping up the skin's complexion. One thing I did notice is that this moisturizer does take a bit of time to sink in so I made sure to leave an ample amount of time to allow it to absorb completely before starting my make up routine. It's not a big issue, but it's something to be aware of. I did find that it made my skin look luminous and bright. It also made my make up glide on beautifully!





Neck and Chest Mask

This was my first time trying a mask for something other than my face so I was ecstatic! Working for a dermatologist taught me that caring for your face isn't good enough. The skin on both the neck and chest are very delicate and often overlooked, which can equate to visible damage further down the line if not cared for properly. This mask is formulated with bee venom, aloe extract, collagen and lavender oil to help reverse the signs of aging and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and inelastic skin. It is to be used every 3-4 weeks so I have only used it once so far. I was expecting the mask to be similar to the sheet mask cloth, but it was completely different! It was almost like a solid jelly-like substance. I was a bit heavier than a "traditional" mask and did slide down a bit when I was trying to put it on. I ended up laying down with the mask on, which was both relaxing and soothing. Upon removing the mask, my neck and chest were glowing!





Neck Lift


I used this each day after putting on my facial moisturizer (or neck/chest mask). This cream is designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and smooth the look of loose skin along the neckline for a younger and tighter look. I really like the texture of this cream as it's a bit thicker. It has made my skin a lot smoother and I do see a bit of a difference with the skin under my chin and a neck wrinkle I have. They are not gone completely, but I can see a noticeable difference. I will keep using this and keep you all posted on the results :-)


 
Overnight Therapy


I used this cream each night before bed. It is a lightweight cream enriched with green tea and vitamins A and E to soothe and nourish skin. This one also took a few minutes to soak in completely, but I used that time to do other chores in my nightly routine so it wasn't an issue. I noticed that my skin was very smooth and plump upon waking up. It also looked bright, refreshed and radiant.



Overall, I am very pleased with the Venofye Queen Bee Collection. The bee venom component was not scary at all and the collection was to my surprise, very gentle on the skin (which is super important for sensitive gals like myself). I loved this collection as a whole and saw the effects of it right away! I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to prevent early signs of aging or those who want to potentially reverse skin damage.


Which of these products are you dying to try?
Have you ever used anything with bee venom in it before?

xo


Thank you to Venofye and Shopping Links for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment