Monday, April 18, 2016

Roses are...Pink!





Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher

Dress: Shein
Shoes: Shein
Bag: Kate Spade (mine is the Rose Jade color)
Bracelet: Kate Spade
Ring: Lc Lauren Conrad (similar here)











Happy Monday!

I'm so glad to say that I am officially done with my first Whole30 experience! I definitely learned a lot about the role food plays in our everyday lives and I plan on implemented some of these lifestyle changes. For those of you that don't know what Whole30 is, it's a 30 day cleansing process where you completely forgo all grains, dairy, legumes, fast food, sugar, etc. My diet consisted of meat (mostly chicken), salads, smoothies, eggs, almonds, tons of water and fruits and veggies that I will tolerate lol. I chose to do this challenge for a few reasons: 1.) to see what is causing my bloat and acne and 2.) because I'm a picky eater but feel like I need to eat more veggies.

Well, my acne and bloat are gone! :-D  My skin, hair and nails look better. My clothes fit better. I just feel better in general. BUT I did feel weak and tired. I also didn't have a lot of energy for the gym. I did hike just about every weekend and went to my yoga class a few times though. Even with the decreased gym activity, I could tell a huge difference in my body. I used to eat whatever I wanted (within reason...and not too much fast food) and then work my butt off at the gym. I now realize it's SO much easier and better for you to eat well. You won't have to work out as much or as hard. I do plan on keeping some elements from this cleansing. I plan to make better choices when eating out, introduce better foods into my diet, finding tastier ways to eat veggies, and cutting back on my sweets. I am now in the phase of re-introducing these foods back into my diet and getting to bottom of my problems. :-)

Anyway, onto my outfit! I love a good floral garment and when I saw this one, I immediately thought of Springtime! I styled it with the coveted red bow heels, a light pink bag and understated jewels. The dress is a bit too big in the waist and the floral is a bit overwhelming, so I think styling it with a belt next time will do the trick! :-)

Hope you have a great start to your week!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment