Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Floral & Gingham




*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.*

Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher

Top: LC Lauren Conrad
Skirt: Chicwish (comes with crop top)
Bag: Kate Spade (similar here)
Necklace: Daily Opulence c/o (Use Lizzie10 for 10% off!)
Bracelet: Kate Spade












Yay Wednesday!

So this past weekend my husband and I decided to venture out of our little town to Sequoia National Park for some hiking! Halfway through our drive, I decided to check the weather...55 degrees, not 76 as my husband had told me lol! Luckily, I'm always prepared for anything..I brought 2 jackets (a light one and a fleece lined one) along with like 10 water bottles haha. My husband, however, did not come prepared and even made fun of me for be over prepared. I got the last laugh though because I used both of those jackets and we went through all of those water bottles as we hiked....through the SNOW! It actually wasn't too cold for most of the day. We got through the first two hikes in our short sleeve tees: the first, up a steep rock and the second, around two beautiful meadows. The last hike of the day took longer than expected as we trailed through the snow covered forest and climbed over jagged rocks to reach a gorgeous cascading waterfall. I've never been hiking in the snow, but it was seriously incredible (and fun- lots of impromptu snow fights)! The weather could not  have been more perfect (sunny with a cool breeze, not cold at all) and the scenery was just breathtaking! We saw a deer on one of our hikes and a bear crossing the road on the way down the mountain. Of course, my phone had to die so I'll be posting a few photos once my husband sends them to me lol!!

So, let's talk about this necklace for a minute. I have a thing for jewels and I have thing for white, so this was perfect! This whole outfit was inspired by this necklace from Daily Opulence, which goes with everything by the way. I'm a big fan of mixing prints so I decided to experiment with this dainty floral print button up and pink gingham skirt. I love the how light and whimsical this pairing is! Side Note -This skirt is actually part of a set that comes with a crop top..how fun is that? I kept the rest of my accessories neutral for a pretty, polished look that is still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment