Friday, April 8, 2016

5 Ways to Style a Silk Scarf & Friday Favorites Link Up






*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.*




Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher


Dress: Chicwish (similar here and here ---so cute!!!)
Scarf: Ce'st Mode Chic c/o (use "xoxolizzie16" for 15% off!)
Bag: Kate Spade (similar here - love this one!)
Bracelet: Kate Spade (similar here)



If you've been coming here awhile, then you know that I LOVE my accessories (and dresses and skirts...haha). Accessories can change an outfit in an instant and add a little pizazz when needed. This leopard print silk scarf from Ce'st Mode Chic fits the bill. The neutral color goes with seriously everything and though it has a pattern, it's not overwhelming and blends well with nearly any outfit.
 

Check out how I styled this scarf below!








 1.) Use a Silk Scarf as a Purse Accessory











You can accessorize your purse of work tote many different ways with a silk scarf, but I settled on a huge bow. The bow adds a little more interest to my work bag and looks super cute in the process!






2.) Use a Silk Scarf as a Belt









In the top photo, I folded the scarf and tied it around my waist. I chose to have the ends of the scarf at the front so they could "stick out" like a bow!


In the bottom photo, I just turned the scarf around to show the band. I kept the bow element, but put it in the back instead. Both ways are adorable!





3.) Use a Silk Scarf as a Headband






Using a scarf as headband isn't new, but it's certainly classic. (Channeling my inner Blair Waldorf here) I folded the scarf even more to make a "skinny" band. I tied the ends under my hair and ta da! Head band. There are many variations of this as well.





4.) Use a Silk Scarf as a ....Scarf (?!)









Mind blowing, I know.
Again, many variations to this one. You can fold it diagonally or rectangular. You can wrap it around once or more. You can tie a bow or a knot. See? Endless possibilities! In my case, I kept it simple and just wrapped it around my necklace in lieu of my usual statement necklace.




5.) Use a Silk Scarf as Shawl









Drape this pretty little thing on your shoulders for a chilly (or not so chilly) night out. It elevates the outfit and looks very prim.






I really enjoyed styling this post and hope you enjoyed reading along (and maybe even getting some style inspo!).


Don't forget to link up below and if you haven't already, be sure to enter Monday's giveaway!











-----------------------------------



This week's favorite look is from........










How AMAZING are those lace up shoes?! I love simple outfit and how she accessorized it with a neutral color palette.


----------------------------------






    If this is your first time here, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)





 
If you are interested in co-hosting a link-up, shoot me an email at lizzieinlace@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment