Friday, December 30, 2016

New Year's Outfit & Friday Faves Link Up



Happy Friday, gorgeous gals!

I can't believe it's almost the end of the year. It flew by SO fast. With that being said, I also love the start of a new year. It feels like a fresh start in life and I'm very much looking forward to it. 2016 was definitely a year full of growth, excitement and adventure and I can't wait to see what 2017 has in store! Read on for a vintage inspired New Year's look...











Outfit Details:

Dress: Kohls (no longer available) | Coat: Show Me Your Mumu (old - identical here, similar here) | Shoes | Purse: Whiting & Davis c/o | Necklace | Bracelet: J.Crew Factory (old) | Sunnies: Retro Sunnies c/o


I'm definitely a fan of vintage items, especially handbags and jewelry. My great grandmother, who had a lovely collection of both, was the owner of an antique shop in my hometown. When I was younger, I would spend the weekends helping her around the shop or playing dress up in her furs and costume jewelry. Since then, I have developed a strong love of vintage accessories and scout them out them out every time my husband and I hit the local antique shops. My favorite eras for dress are the 1920s through the 1970s. I love the mix of glamorous pieces, embellished details, feminine silhouettes and flowy bohemian fabrics from these eras and feel that all of these elements have inspired my style greatly.

As you know, I love building outfits around amazing accessories and this bag from Whiting & Davis was the sole inspiration of this outfit. Whiting & Davis has been around since the late 1800s and has become well-known for their vintage mesh handbags ( I know my great grandmother had a few!). This one in particular reminds me of the 1920s and feels very Gatsby-esque, which I absolutely love! It's unique, beautiful and classic with the most stunning swarovski crystal detailing.

Instead of opting for a traditional sequined New Year's dress, I decided to forgo the head to toe sparkle for something a bit different: a 1920s inspired outfit. I chose this beautiful plum, lace dress with hankerchief hem that mimics the design of the bag. This is seriously drop dead gorgeous! I added the faux fur coat for added warmth and texture (it literally goes with everything, by the way...since you've seen it in just about every post haha!). I added a little bit of sparkle with a small statement necklace and bracelet and added these fun sunnies for a dash of glam. Love love love!

What are your plans for New Years?
And most importantly...what are you wearing? (ha!)

Hope you have a fun-filled and safe weekend!

xo


P.S. Don't forget to check my recap of favorite outfits along with my resolutions for 2017 here!
-----------------------------

Link Up Time! Yay!

This week's favorite look is from........


 

I'm so obsessed with this look! It's styled to perfection.

----------------------------

If this is your first time, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment