Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Lilac Love




Hi beauties!

Today, I'm styling this pretty little ruffled dress and talking about something personal that has been on my heart <3













Outfit Details:

Dress: Chicwish c/o (currently unavailable) | Shoes: Ted Baker via The Shoe Box | Bag: Kate Spade (old) | Choker: Ettika


Is this dress not the cutest thing ever? I fell in love with the ruffled details on the sleeves, gorgeous color and off-the-shoulder look. I've probably worn it 100 times since I got it lol! It's definitely a keeper ;-) I styled it with the pretty nude sandals, a fun bow bag and a glamorous gold choker. Although this dress is currently sold out, Chicwish has a TON of cute stuff out for fall! Definitely check it out ;-)

On a more serious note...let's address the elephant in the room. If you know me personally or follow me on Instagram, then you saw that the unimaginable happened. Yesterday, I found out that a childhood friend that I grew up with was a victim of the recent shooting. It was a very difficult day and I still cannot even fully comprehend this. I debated on whether or not to share this because it's extremely personal and puts me in a very vulnerable position. I like to keep my blog and social media accounts a positive place and I like to live my life in a positive way. But unfortunately, the world is not always full of sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes it is a dark and cruel place full of things that we can't always comprehend. I will never quite understand why this happened and how someone could do something so horrific that it changes the course of thousands of lives. I am not one to freely state my opinions or seek the attention of others or even share how I am feeling, but this just hit too close to home and I think that it's important to share not only the good things in life, but the not so good as well. Fortunately, today is a new day and even though bad things happen that are out of our control, we can be a light in this dark world and give hope to those that need it the most <3

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment