Friday, October 27, 2017

A Day in the Life of a Fashion Blogger & Link Up




Happy Friday, lovelies!

I hope you are enjoying your week :-) Today, I'm sharing this drop dead gorgeous outfit ANDDD what a typical day is like for me as a blogger! I've gotten a ton of DM's and messages asking about blogging advice and what exactly I do so I am very excited to share it with you! Just a fair warning: this post is more photo heavy than normal. I have been experimenting with RAW photos and my editing. Let me know what you think!



















Outfit Details

Sweater: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here) | Skirt: Morning Lavender c/o | Boots: Seychelles c/o | Clutch c/o | Necklace: BaubleBar | Headband: Anthropologie (old)

Even though I am skilled in many forms of art, I am by no means a professional photographer. In fact, this was the first time that I took photos in RAW instead of jPeg and it was very daunting and frustrating. I have been feeling so insecure about my photos so I wanted to try something different. I am not kidding when I say that I spent HOURS and HOURS learning and experimenting with different editing styles this week. I'm still not sure how I feel about RAW, but I do love how these images turned out and I hope you do too! :-) 

On to my outfit! This skirt was love at first sight! It is just so stunning!! I got the petite version and it fits perfectly with a bit of a heel (I'm 4'11"). I wanted to style it for fall so I added this cropped sweater that I bought a few seasons ago. I knew these taupe suede and corduroy boots would look perfect with it! I topped it off with a gorgeous pink jeweled necklace, dainty gold pearl headband and a lovely grey clutch. This is definitely one of my favorite looks of the season so far!

So I get a ton of questions about what it is like to be a blogger and I am so excited to share with you what a typical day looks like! Everyday is very different so I will do my best to explain it. While I do work "full-time hours" for the blog, I am not completely full time...yet. I have cut down drastically on substitute teaching over the last year to focus more on the blog and still work roughly 30 hours a week teaching guitar and tutoring english, math and French. Needless to say, I am a very busy lady! So here is what a typical day looks like for me:

*****

6am: Wake up, eat breakfast, check social media, join link-ups and create my to-do list for the day OR hit the gym. When I go to the gym, I use this time to catch up on comments and emails while I'm on the treadmill before I start weights. Yes, I am THAT girl on her phone haha! 

7am: Read and comment on other blogs. Check email. If there aren't too many emails, I will do research, plan posts, set goals, or do some brainstorming. 

8am: Catch up on any pressing work or submissions for projects. If I have time, I will edit a batch of photos or start writing a post. 

8:30am: Get my first post ready for Instagram. I re-edit the photo on my phone, get my hashtags ready and engage with other bloggers/followers. 

9am: Post on Instagram. Continue engaging for half an hour or so. 

9:30am: I use this time for Pinterest, Facebook posting, and any other social media site that needs attention.

10am: This is a two hour block that varies day to day, but I use this time to either edit multiple batches of photos, write blog posts, pitch to brands, social media editing/planning, and any type of maintenance (updates, research, book keeping, meetings, video editing practice, or learning a new skill). 

Noon: I eat lunch and make myself watch tv for half an hour (otherwise, I will work right through it lol!)

12:30pm: Second round of responding emails. 

1pm: I use this time to take care of any pressing needs, outstanding tasks, outfit planning for future posts or to take a batch of flat lay photos. 

2pm: Get my second post ready for Instagram and engage (same as before). I will usually post a story if I have a blog post up. 

2:30-2:45pm-ish: Post on Instagram. No engaging after this one because I don't have time, so I do it all before I post. 

2:30-2:45pm: Leave for guitar lessons/tutoring (Monday-Thursday). I drive 20 minutes to an hour one way depending on the day so I spend a lot of time in my car. During this time, I listen to LOTS of podcasts about blogging and business or jam out to my favorite tunes ;-) If it's Friday, then I use this time to run errands for the week, clean and organize, and to get general things done around the apartment.

7pm-8pm: I return home. I cook dinner (if it's not already done by my husband) and hang out with him before he goes to bed. This is really the only time I see him during the day (except when he leaves for work in the morning) so I try to make the best of it. We like to relax and watch some of our favorite shows (lately, it's been Impractical Jokers, AHS, anything on the ID channel, re-runs of Parks and Rec on Netflix or a movie of some sort). 

9:30-10pm: Hubby goes to sleep and I start working on the blog again. I start with another round of emails and then start writing my post for the next day if it isn't already done. If it is, then I use this time to read for 30 minutes before bed. 

10:30pm-midnight: SLEEP. I am NOT a night owl but I use to stay up until past 1am to get work done. I have been doing MUCH better lately by going to sleep around 10pm or so :-)

*****

As you can see, I have a VERY busy schedule and work very long days. As a blogger, I do so many things and wear many, many different hats. I don't have an assistant to help me so I literally do everything myself.  It doesn't bother me too much of the time because I absolutely LOVE my blog and have such a passion for it, but I do think that it's important to include some "me time" as well. I do take little breaks here and there during the day to decompress and I treat myself to a mini-facial every single day since most of my time is spent working ;-). I definitely don't follow this to a T because every day is different and some days I spend doing more of one thing than another, but this is a general idea of what my schedule looks like. 

For those of you asking, I hope this helps! I bet that a lot of you non-bloggers will be very surprised exactly how much time goes into running a blog. It's mind-boggling lol! And although it is A LOT of work, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Check out this post to see why I started my blog <3

Do you guys have any other questions?
Leave them in a comment below or send me an email at lizzieinlace@gmail.com. I'd love to answer them for you!

Have a beautiful weekend! 

xo


Shop the Post







--------------------------------------

Welcome back!

Today's favorite is...




I am OBSESSED with this outfit! The pearl embellishments and color are just too pretty!

-----------------------

Link up time - yay! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment