Monday, October 16, 2017

A Classic Coat & A Pop of Pink



Happy Monday, darlings!

I hope you had the best weekend! I just got back from my trip and I had such a great time :-) Read on to see what we did in Yosemite and to get the details of this adorable outfit!











Outfit Details: 

Top: Joules c/o (get 20% off with LIZZIE20) | Skirt: Review Australia (sold out)| Coat: Joules c/o (get 20% off with LIZZIE20) | Shoes: Madora | Handbag | Headband: Anthropologie (old)

My husband's favorite place in the world is Yosemite and since we only live a few hours away, we try to go at least once a year. Campsite reservations are usually made five months in advance and go VERY quickly (like within a minute...literally!). Luckily, we scored an amazing site during the most beautiful season. The trees were just starting to turn colors and lined the road in hues of marigold, burnt orange and burgundy. The air was a crisp 60 degrees, which was a nice change from the 90 degree weather we were experiencing back home. I know it's funny to imagine me camping but even though I'm the biggest girly girl ever, I absolutely love the outdoors. With that being said, you better believe I was decked out in my pink puffer and blush-colored beanie haha!

We went on soooo many beautiful hikes! The first full day, we walked to Mirror Lake, Lower Yosemite Falls and visited the museum and art gallery. At night, we made the drive out to Tunnel View to stargaze and I cannot even tell you how many stars there were...probably thousands. It was incredible! The second full day started off with a huge breakfast at the Majestic Yosemite Hotel (formerly the Ahwanee). Afterwards, we went on a seven mile hike up the mountain to Nevada Falls. I am not joking when I say that we climbed almost three miles of rock stairs to get there. We had never gone past Vernal Fall and honestly, my legs were about to give out. It was HARD...but we did it and I feel so accomplished! The view alone was worth the trek. Since the stairs were super steep, we opted to go down a different way that ended up being a mile longer. Each night, we made s'mores, played some guitar and went to the hotel for hot chocolate and truffles. On the way back home, we stopped at Glacier Point for the most incredible view! There was so much smoke from the fires, but the view was nothing short of magical. You can see some of these amazing places on my Instagram stories! We had a really great time and it was SO nice to be free of technology and social media for a few days. My legs are pretty much dead, but it was worth it haha! 

Anyway, let's talk about this adorable outfit! So I wear Joules quite often and am seriously obsessed with their fall collection. This coat is probably one of my favorite pieces of theirs ever! It's a gorgeous neutral that goes with anything, but also has a few flecks of color for some added femininity. It's heavy duty for cooler weather, extremely well-made and tailored to perfection. It works well for both casual attire and work outfits. In this case, I styled it with their blue striped ruffled top, a dark floral skirt and lavender heels. I added a touch of sparkle with a headband and an additional pop of color with this lovely magenta handbag. I've also styled it off the blog with black jeans, a polka dot button up and flats and it looks super cute! Very Audrey Hepburn. ;-) Overall, I have loved every single Joules piece I have received. They are all extremely high quality, classic, stylish and last a very long time. Joules has been so generous to offer an exclusive discount for my readers - YAY! You can get 20% off of your purchase (full-price items) when you use LIZZIE20 at checkout. So if you've been eyeballing a particular item or just need to refresh your fall wardrobe, you definitely want to take advantage! 

Where is your favorite place to visit in the fall?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment