Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Stripes, Sequins and Abstract Prints



Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher
 
Dress: Express (Worn as a top)
Skirt: Piperlime (R.I.P)
Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad
Necklace: J.Crew Factory
Rings: Anthropologie & LC Lauren Conrad
 










Happy Wednesday!!
 
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :-)
 
We had a very low-key holiday this year, which was very nice for a change. With the business sold off right before Christmas, I was actually able to spend time with family and enjoy their company. My husband and I haven't bought Christmas gifts for one another since we've been married, so we decided to do it this year! My husband has been lusting after the xbox one since it first came out years ago. Black Friday rolled around...it was on sale...and after standing in line at Gamestop, he was finally able to hold it in his hands and hasn't stopped playing since lol! As for me, I have a travel guitar on back order..the Little Martin I have been dreaming of for YEARS will be mine come mid-January. I will finally have something lightweight to take with me wherever my heart desires!...camping... on the beach....in the car....on a road trip...eeek! :-D
 
So, let's talk about this outfit, shall we? Print mixing is my favorite thing ever! The "top" is actually a dress that I layered under the skirt. Both have black and white prints but work together because a.) one is bigger than the other and b.) one is more calm than the other. I pulled the two pieces together with a sequined cardigan that my grandmother got for me many moons ago. Even though the holidays are coming to an end, one thing is for sure....th sequins will remain. Ha! 


No comments:

Post a Comment