Monday, December 28, 2015

When One Door Closes.....

 
Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher
 
Dress: Lularoe
Boots: LC Lauren Conrad (similar)
Purse: Juicy Couture ( Similar  )
Tights: Simply Vera- Vera Wang
Rings: Anthropologie
Necklace: Urban Gem via Rocksbox














 
*Note: If you are looking for an actual review of Lularoe, please visit this post for my honest feedback on the clothing, being a consultant, pros/cons of this company and answers that many questions you may have about joining or leaving Lularoe *



Good morning! :-)
 
I am SO happy to be back after a week long hiatus. If you didn't know already, I decided to sell off one of my online clothing businesses and took off the last week to sell off everything. The past week has been filled with so many emotions....happiness, sadness, doubt, anger, joy...but I know in my heart this was the right decision for me at this point in time. I have been approached by fellow consultants with differing opinions. Some had encouraging words to exchange while others were not so much. I know that many of us bloggers have been, are or will be some kind of business woman in the future and just because a business closes it's doors does not mean that they "failed." Rather, I feel that I would have been failing myself had I continued further down that road. As you grow older, priorities change. While Lularoe was "fun" and fulfilled my lifelong dream of owning a boutique, it did not become what I wanted it to. Instead it sucked every bit of life out of me and made my already hectic schedule downright unmanageable (this is probably my fault for starting another business venture when I already work two jobs). My apartment turned into a huge overflowing closet that I couldn't contain which caused anxiety. Most of all, I lost precious time with my husband and family members because I had to tend to the business (literally) 24/7. I lost out on an entire summer and many days that I could have been working at my day job for an actual paycheck. I do not say these things to talk bad about a  great company, but instead to clarify that not all businesses fail because they aren't doing well. Sometimes it's a personal choice for what will be beneficial to that person in the long run. I tend to take on way too many tasks and although, I was just trying to make some extra money for our future home, I ended up sacrificing so much more than I could have imagined and learned a valuable lesson from it. To me, quitting this business has been a blessing (although very sad) and I'm glad that I see that now rather than later.
 
With that being said, I spent 5 days straight taking photos, posting inventory, selling inventory, grouping it, packing it, shipping it among other things and boy, did the post office love it when I brought 100 packages during the Christmas week rush haha! I am overjoyed, exhilarated and feel a sense of freedom! I never realized how precious time is, especially with loved ones, until this experience and I can definitely say that I have grown throughout this situation. My other business is flourishing and it's very hard to dedicate the time needed when another business literally demands ALL of my time. I can blog without feeling overwhelmed. I can substitute teach in peace without writing down orders and "working" on every break and lunch.  Instead of "working" on my Christmas break, I can sit on my couch watching re-runs of What Not to Wear and not have to worry about checking my phone every second. I finally have my life back!!! What an amazing thing and a cause for a celebration! :-D
 
 
----------------------------------------
 
On a totally unrelated note, I did keep a million Amelia dresses from my Lularoe adventure including this one. I thought the color was perfect for Fall (December in California lol!) and paired well with this knitted cardigan (which was much thicker than I anticipated--super warm!). This outfit was inspired my very first Rocksbox collection (seen below):
 
 
 
 
I got some AMAZING pieces!!! The bottom necklace and cuff were on my wish list and the top necklace was something my stylist picked out and ironically, my favorite! I ended up keeping that beauty! You can never have too much sparkle :-). Anyway, I've been hearing a lot about Rocksbox through the blogosphere and decided to give it a try. I am having a blast and can't wait to get my second box!
 
If you love jewelry, this is for you! You can try it for a month for FREE by going here and using the code: lizzieinlacexoxo at checkout.
 
 
So glad to be back! I hope you all had the BEST Christmas!!
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment