Monday, November 16, 2015

The First Nine Months

 
Read full post here
 
-----------------------------------
 
Follow the jump to check out some of my favorite outfit posts from the last few months!
 







Read full post here


 
Read full post here
 


Read full post here



Read full post here



Read full post here



Read full post here



Read full post here



Read full post here



Read full post here



Read full post here


 
Read full post here
 
 
------------------------
 
Photo credit: Miranda Plaugher
 
 
 Holy smokes! Can you believe it's been NINE months since I began my blogging journey?! Yeah, me neither. Nine months really isn't a long time when you think about it, but I have grown in so many ways during this time, blogging and otherwise. I am sharing some of my favorite outfit posts from the last few months. Other benchmarks from my blogging journey can be found here and here.

When I started, I made a goal of buying a domain by my first year anniversary...if I was still blogging, that is. Well, it's finally here! And earlier than expected. I've been planning to re-do the site for quite a while, but never had the time. I decided to take some much deserved time off to re-center myself and make the necessary changes. I feel rejuvenated and excited for this new stretch in my blogging journey.

In these last nine months, I have learned so much about myself. It has been both joyful and challenging and the most important I learned was in time management. I am a substitute teacher, but also run two businesses: I teach guitar in the evenings and run a clothing store. Needless to say, there isn't a lot of time left over for fun or relaxing. I decided that happiness and well-being is much more important than money and made a change in my life. I decided to drastically cut back by work hours to a more manageable work week and so far, the effects have been positive. Long gone are the weekends spent sleeping instead of hanging out with the hubby. We went to Universal Studios last weekend for our anniversary and I'm happy to say that I was awake the whole time. No longer do I feel weighed down by a never ending to-do list. I have time to cook dinner. I have time to read. I have to time to watch the Walking Dead with my husband. I have time to sit on my patio, lemonade in hand, to type up this blog post. How refreshing!


I have learned that blogging is something that I want to take a bit more seriously. When I started...and even now...when I tell people that I write a blog, a huge question mark flashes across their face. It's like this kind of passion can't be comprehended by some because we are told to have a more "traditional" job and that it's a waste of a perfectly good degree. My most fulfilling previous jobs have been anything but traditional and although I graduated at the top of my class, I yearn for more creativity and freedom. One of the best jobs I ever had was as a "lizard hunter." Yes, you read that right....although, I think the technical name is "biological land surveyer." Days were spent walking in fields looking for a rare species of lizard (something I did as a kid) and it was amazing.
Best. Job. Ever.

I have learned that friendships are everything. It's important to surround yourself with positive, uplifting, like-minded individuals that offer support and encouragement. I'm so thankful to have found that through blogging. You all lift my spirits and put a smile on my face, even on the not so good days. I appreciate you all so much!

Cheers!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment