Monday, November 2, 2015

Lindi Skincare Review


*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.*
 
 
Can we talk about skin today? I believe that taking care of your skin is so SO important. It makes you look better and feel better (plus it makes your make up look 10 times better)! Even then, sometimes perfect skin is not ideal. We all have different issues, from acne and oil to dryness and redness. I can definitely relate.


When I hit 13 years old, my skin changed forever. I was an acne ridden teenager that never fully recovered. Sadly, since that day, I have never been completely acne free. I have tried every product under the sun (minus Accutane) and nothing worked. I worked for a Dermatologist for years and upon her recommendations, my research and through trial and error, I tried a lot different product combinations to find a regime that works for me. I finally found a combination of products that controlled my skin (although the acne never completely went away). Aside from acne, I have dry spots, oily spots and lots of redness. My skin is VERY sensitive and reacts to most minimal exposure of a product.
 
Here is where Lindi comes in... Lindi skincare is actually designed specifically for those going through cancer treatment. It's not very often that I change up my routine, out of fear that my skin will go crazy, but I decided to give it a shot with the rave reviews that I read elsewhere. I was sent a small travel set of the 7 most popular products to review and used all of them consecutively for the last week instead of my normal products.
 
Body Wash:
I normally use a very moisturizing body wash and this one wasn't any different. My skin was not dry like some body washes can leave it. Unscented for sensitive skin.
 
Body Lotion:
Body lotions are normally hit and miss for me. This one was really good. It was thick and creamy and left my skin soft to the touch and didn't leave any greasy residue. It was great on my knees and elbows. Unscented for sensitive skin.
 
Face Wash:
I used this 1-2 times per day. It left my skin squeaky clean (literally) and was very gentle. Unscented for sensitive skin.
 
Soothing Balm:
I used this emollient cream on both my hands and feet instead of lotion. I normally use an emollient cream and this was about the same, if not better. The bottoms of my feet dry out often so I am always slathering something on them, I noticed that the places that are normally dry, weren't dry the next day. Also it made my hands super soft! Unscented for sensitive skin.
 
Face Moisturizer:
Moisturizers have always been a problem because I can never find the right one. This one was very nice. It went on smooth, didn't leave my face feeling greasy and kept my skin soft for the rest of the day. I applied this directly after the face wash or after the serum. Unscented for sensitive skin.
 
Face Serum:
Wow this stuff is awesome! I got two samples that were scented in lavender and citrus....both smelled amazing but were very light. I used this after the face wash either in place of the moisturizer or right before. A little bit definitely goes a long way and it made my skin feel incredibly soft.
 
Overall Results:
I was pleasantly surprised with this skincare line! In one week, the redness on my skin went down immensely. It is no longer dry at all. My make-up went on smoother and looked 100 times better. It even smoothed out a few of my acne bumps.
 
This product would be AMAZING for anyone that has super sensitive skin and I can definitely see why it would be so helpful to those undergoing chemo and other cancer treatments. Within the past year, I've had three close family members go through cancer so this really hit close to home. Treatments are no joke and I wish I would have known about these products sooner. I recommend trying out the sample pack that I tried so you can get a feel for the products and how well work they work together (plus there's a $5 gift card in there!). Right now, Lindi is offering 25% AND free shipping with the code BLOG25...plus they will make a donation to the American Cancer Society's "Look Good, Feel Good" program! Such a great cause! I know that I will definitely be back for that serum. :-)
 
Have a great Monday!
 
 
 
 
 


<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
  ga('create', 'UA-69889202-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment