Monday, July 31, 2017

What to Wear to a Summer Wedding



Happy Monday, darlings!

Wedding season is in full swing and and if you're anything like me, you like to pick out the perfect dress for the occasion. No one does special occasion dresses like Chi Chi London. Their gorgeous designs will ensure that you're the best dressed wedding guest!















Outfit Details: 

Dress: Chi Chi London c/o | Shoes: Tres Jolie Boutique c/o | Clutch: Inge Christopher c/o | Necklace: Peach Box c/o | Bracelet: Filthy Rich c/o 


I have a thing for pretty dresses (obviously) and with dresses fit for a princess, Chi Chi London does not disappoint. I actually wore one of their gorgeous dresses to the Moulin Rouge show when we were in Paris! The attention to detail in their designs is impeccable and the quality is among the best I've ever seen. The materials used are high quality and you can tell that the garments will last a longggg time. Most of all, the dresses are uber feminine with stunning florals, pretty pastels and the most darling details.

This particular dress caught my eye with it's incredible lilac color! It is just SO pretty! I also love how the sleeves gently drape off the shoulder. The bodice is fitted with a flared skirt to give the most feminine shape. It's understated and elegant yet youthful and fun. I paired with these amazing velvet pearl embellished heels in a similar hue and my favorite striped bow clutch that I wear incredible too much (ha!). I kept my jewelry fairly simple with a rose gold pendant, tennis bracelet and sparkly ring. 

Read below for my top tips on wedding guest attire:

1.) Opt for something flattering: whether that's color, style or shape, you'll want to ensure that you look your best since weddings are full of photo opts
2.) Dress on the more conservative side: opt for classic or romantic looks (florals, ruffles, chiffon, lace, etc) rather than edgy, sultry or super fashion forward (unless, of course, requested by the bride)
3.) Consider the time of day when decoding the dress code: the rule of thumb is the earlier in the day the wedding is, the more casual
4.) Consider the location (you definitely wouldn't want to wear a black tie formal gown to a beach wedding)
5.) Don't forget to bring an extra pair of flat shoes for dancing


Share your favorite wedding guest tip below!

xo


Also, see that Eiffel Tower phone case above? If you've been following along on Instagram, then you know that I made a super exciting announcement recently....I had the opportunity to design my very own limited edition phone case with Fifth & Ninth! It officially launches to the public tomorrow at 10am PST/1pm EST, but is currently available for pre-order here - YAY! Be sure to visit the blog tomorrow for a closer look and to get more details :-D

P.S. Don't forget to join the link up here <3






No comments:

Post a Comment