Friday, July 28, 2017

How to Style a Ruffle Skirt & Link Up



Happy Friday!

It's no secret that ruffles are my absolute favorite trend of the season (or any season for that matter). Whether I'm styling pieces for my Instagram or pinning inspiring looks to my Pinterest board, ruffles always seem to make an appearance. Most of the time, my ruffles on top but today I am showing you how to style a ruffled skirt :-) 










Outfit Details: 

Top: Chicwish (on sale!) c/o | Skirt: Chicwish (on sale!) c/o | Shoes | Bag (only $32!) | Bracelet: Juicy Couture (old)



As with anything else voluminous, balance is key. If the volume is on the top, you'll want to keep your bottom item simple and sleek. For example, in this post, I styled a ruffled off-the-shoulder top with a simple mini skirt and no fuss accessories. It still made a statement, but was wearable at the same time. When the volume is on the bottom, you'll want to do the same for your top. Voluminous ruffles can be daunting and for some, "hard to wear" but when you style it just right, it's far less intimidating and can result in a stellar outfit! 

When I saw this skirt, I knew it belonged in my closet. It's feminine, whimsical and unique. I absolutely love the ruffle detailing and the gorgeous blue and white striped pattern. It's lightweight and perfect for a summer soiree. I don't usually style outfits the way they appear on the website because I favor originality, but this top and skirt combo was too good to pass up. I love that the top is cropped and a bit architectural with the sleeves to juxtapose the flowiness of the skirt. The top is actually looser fit with crochet detailing at the bottom (so pretty!) but I opted to tuck it in to bring more emphasis to my waist and create a feminine shape. I accessorized with the cutest seashell bag and these darling lace up espadrilles

You may be thinking...okay, but how can I wear this?

1.) Style it with an off the shoulder top and fun sunnies for a sweet Summer look.
2.) Style it with a button up shirt and a day clutch for wearable work look.
3.) Style it with a loose tee and cute sneakers for a casual, cool look.
4.) Style it with a fitted crop top and statement clutch for a dressed up look.
5.) Style both this top and skirt, but change out the accessories for a more customized look.  
6.) Style this skirt through out the seasons: with blush pink for Spring and burgundy for Fall.


Comment below to let me know how YOU would style this!
Can't wait to hear your ideas :-) Happy Weekend!

xo



Shop the Post:





-------------------

This week's favorite is...

C's Evolution of Style


I absolutely love this maxi dress! The color is so fun and the print is perfect for summer!

--------------------------------------

Link up time - yay! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment