Friday, July 14, 2017

Little White Dress & Friday Faves Link Up



Happy Friday, friends!

I hope you've had an amazing week! I'm styling this pretty white dress today and talking about something that has been on my mind recently...














Outfit Details: 

Dress: Free People c/o | Shoes: Nordstrom Rack (old - similar here and here)| Purse: Zara | Hat: Forever21 (old - similar here and here) | Necklace: Juicy Couture (old) | Cuffs | Ring


I probably stared at my computer screen for a good 20 minutes before I started typing this. I have to be completely honest....I love to keep this blog positive and uplifting, but right now I am just so exhausted and need to be real with you guys. I am completely burned out and feel like I am in a creative block. I am tired mentally, physically and emotionally. I feel like I am 20 people in one and am constantly checking off my never-ending to do list. It is way too much for one person to handle so I've decided that I am going to take a week off from blogging. 

The past few months have been really hard on me with things going on in my life outside the blog. It has left me torn, defeated and heartbroken. At the same time, as my blog has grown, I have felt more and more pressure to do everything and be everything. Never did I feel the need for comparison in the beginning and I have even written posts on this subject, but I have really been feeling so low lately. On top of that, I feel like I have been so busy keeping things running day to day that I haven't had enough to time to implement the strategies I need for growth moving forward. I have so many things that I want to do with this, but finding the time to produce a game plan has been impossible. 

In over two years of blogging, I have never taken an actual break. I was too afraid that if I did, I would lose all of my followers and readers and all of the time that I have put into building this community. With that being said, I have been feeling increasing overwhelmed for the past few months and think that I am just at the point to where I need to step back for a minute and breathe. I had a complete mental breakdown a few days ago and that's when it hit me. Things need to change. I need to really evaluate myself and where I envision this blog going. I still love blogging more than ever and I am so thankful to live my dream but at the same time, I feel that things have gotten redundant and stale when I had envisioned growth and excitement. The fire that once burned so brightly has dimmed because I have taken on way too many things at once and it's been weighing me down. I think that taking a few days off to clear my head will not only allow me a mental break, but will also allow me some time to brainstorm, refocus and come up with a strategic plan to make this blog even better for you. I think this is just the thing I need to get back to my old self. 

I created a short 10 question anonymous survey to guide me with future changes for the blog. If you have a couple of minutes to spare, your honest feedback and answers would mean so much to me!



Thank you all so much for understanding the situation. I truly am thankful for your support and love you all so much! I will be back next Friday (hopefully sooner) :-)

xo


Shop the Post:




-----------------------------
Link up time - yay! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment