Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Exploring Yosemite with High Sierra


 *Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.*


Hi gorgeous gals! Happy November!


If you've been following along for awhile then you know that this year has been a super busy one with tons of trips lined up. For many, many years, work was a priority in my life. I literally never had time to do anything because I was working upwards of 60-70+ hours per week. For my new years resolution, I concluded that I needed to spend less time working and more time enjoying myself. As a result,
we decided to plan as many trips as we could fit in because my husband and I never had the chance to really travel together. To say this year was full of adventure would be an understatement. We traveled to Lake Tahoe (twice), the Grand Canyon, and all over Europe. We ended our adventures in one of favorite places in the world, Yosemite. If you haven't ever been, you must put this one on the bucket list. It's one of the most visited national parks in the world for good reason ;-)







We go to Yosemite multiple times a year to fulfill my husband's camping obsession. We always go to the same places, hike the same trails, eat the same food, etc. So we decided to take time to actually relax and explore the park like we haven't before.






On our first day, we woke up extra early to watch the sun rise at tunnel view. Afterward, we decided to hike up to Vernal Fall. We made it up the super steep staircase to the top of the waterfall and continued on a different trail that neither on of us had taken. It ended up taking us to the top of the mountain, where we saw a bird's eye view of the top of the fall. SO amazing! We continued down the mountain wandering through an autumn wonderland of orange leaves and pine.




 
When we visit places, we normally jam pack a  million activities in. It's fun, but exhausting. This trip was a nice change because we really just explored new places and slowed down. 

We ended up going to our favorite hotel multiple times (formerly the Ahwanee) for lots of hot chocolate, truffles and an amazing breakfast. We also took incredible hikes around Mirror Lake and Glacier Point (my favorite place). Of course, no trip would  be complete without making s'mores and playing guitar around the campfire.

There is no "real" fall where I live, so coming here was such a treat!




Outfit Details:

Insulated Jacket: High Sierra c/o | Pullover Hoodie: High Sierra c/o | Waterproof Jacket: High Sierra c/o | Backpack: High Sierra c/o | Leggings: Victoria's Secret | Shoes: Nike | Beanie: Charlotte Russe (old)

However, the weather was SUPER cold. I don't know if you've ever been camping in the cold, but...it's difficult. When you're basically sleeping outside, bundling up is vital. I ended up wearing multiple layers of beanies, gloves, socks and many, many jackets. I'll be honest...camp wear is not my favorite and I think that it's because I could never find anything cute (and you can't exactly wear dresses haha). Camp wear seems to mainly consist of black, grey, green, and brown color schemes...none of which make my heart smile. So you can imagine my excitement when I found these jackets at High Sierra! Feminine jackets with color! PRETTY colors!

I wore the pink Lynn insulated jacket for the chilly mornings and nights. It kept me super toasty in the 30-40 degree weather. I actually ended up sleeping with it on and was so warm throughout the night! I wore the pink Lizze pullover hoodie later in the day once it warmed up a bit. I love how soft, cute and comfy it is. I wore the aqua Easy Trek jacket for the waterfall hike. It was waterproof, lightweight and unbelievably warm. I absolutely love that I can wear these items even when I'm not camping. I'll definitely be wearing that hoodie to yoga class!

Also, when hiking, it's important that you have a hydration pack. Carrying a water bottle can get suck the enjoyment out of a hike, so it's a lot more convenient to carry it on your back (plus you can hold more liquid). This purple backpack is the perfect size for a day hike.

Overall, we had such amazing time! Normally I feel like such a slob when I camp (who doesn't?), but this time I felt incredible! <3


With that being said, we need some new bucket list places. :-) Where is your favorite place to visit? Let me know in the comments!

xo









No comments:

Post a Comment