Friday, September 22, 2017

Shoes of Prey Review & Link Up



Happy Friday, lovelies!

I hope you've had a great week :-) I accepted a long term sub job yesterday (my last one) and will be working like a crazy person for the next couple of weeks. This weekend will be spent getting everything ready for the blog during this time so it will be super busy! If I'm a bit inactive, this is why haha. Anyway, today I am sharing these pretty blush boots that I designed with Shoes of Prey as well as reviewing my experience!














Outfit Details: 

Boots: Shoes of Prey c/o (use LIZZIE for free custom inscription!) | Coat: Chicwish c/o (on major sale!) | Shirt: Joules c/o (use LIZZIE20 for 20% off full-priced merch) | Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad (no longer available) | Handbag: LC Lauren Conrad (no longer available) | Necklace: RocksBox | Ring: Motif



So, you all know that blush pink is my absolute favorite color and I have wanted a pair of blush ankle boots since....forever. I've searched high and low for the perfect pair, but never found any that I fell in love with. When I discovered Shoes of Prey, I knew that my search was finally over! I was actually able to design my own pair of boots to my liking. How did I not know about this before?

The designer in me was geeking out over everything! I can't even tell you how many times I have wished that I could just design my own pair of shoes because I could never find anything that I liked elsewhere. The process was super simple and so much fun! It took me forever because I had an over-abundance of designs haha! When you first begin designing, you can choose from different variations of heels, flats, sandals, boots and sneakers. Once you choose a base design, you can begin to customize with different styles, straps, toe types, heel types and heights, decorations, colors and materials. The materials are high quality and include prints and colors in suede, leather, vegan leather, silk, velvet, etc.  

I went back and forth with a few designs, but ultimately decided to move forward with my blush boots - yay! This is the Mercer boot design with a thick block heel. Initially, I was going to use Blush Nude Nappa Leather for the whole boot, but decided to just use it for the heel and go for Blush Nude Suede instead. The suede is very soft and will transition well into Fall. I included a blush nude zipper, beige sole and the Bordeaux Vegan Leather for the lining. I also decided to add a personal inscription on the foot bed that says "La vie en rose" (Life in pink) in gold lettering. Just adding that inscription makes them feel even more special! I love that these boots are one-of-a-kind and that no one else has them. :-) 

How do you style blush ankle boots, you ask? Since blush is basically a neutral, it looks incredible with nearly everything! If you followed along with my NYFW excursion, then you already saw these boots in action with more than half of my outfits (and even more that weren't photographed). They go with everything! For this outfit in particular, I decided to add bordeaux, purple, navy and candy pink. I've had this skirt for few years, but it still remains my favorite. I knew it would be the perfect piece to start off this outfit. I styled it with a navy and white polka dot button up for a fun twist on pattern mixing and layered this cozy pink coat on top. I added another pop of color with this handbag and accessorized with a sparkly necklace and gold rose ring. 

Overall, I really enjoyed designing these boots with Shoes of Prey! They were so knowledgeable and helpful when I had a hard time deciding between fabric choices and were quick to answer any questions I had. The amount of design choices in abundant and the process was so much fun! The kept me updated on every step of my order and the boots arrived much sooner than expected. The colors and materials are absolutely beautiful in person (even my husband loved them!). I will definitely be designing with Shoes of Prey again in the future. 

What would your dream shoe design look like?

xo

P.S. Get a free custom inscription when you use LIZZIEINLACE at checkout <3


--------------------------------------

Link up time - yay! <3











No comments:

Post a Comment