Wednesday, September 20, 2017

NYFW Photo Diary




Hi pretties!

Today I am sharing my very first NYFW experience with you all! Fair warning: this post is very photo heavy (and I apologize in advance for my crazy iPhone photos - they aren't pretty, but they are real haha!).



So not only was this my first time to NYFW, but it was also my first time to New York! I only just recently visited the East Coast for the very first time back in May (South Carolina) so it was a treat to be back so soon. I had no idea what to expect and it was completely overwhelming (in a good way!). If you need tips for next season's NYFW, check out this post from last week. 

Let's begin!

Day One

I woke up at 2am to finish any last minute packing and to get ready for my big day! I headed to the airport around 3:30am to start my cross country journey to New York City - yay! Upon landing, I met my roommate and fellow blogger babe, Anca from A Graceful Life Blog for the very first time (after many, many phone calls). We took our very first taxi ride to the hotel where we proceeded to unpack and get ready quickly for a blogger dinner. The dinner was incredible because I had the opportunity to meet sooo many of my blogger/Instagram friends in real life. Meeting people you interact with online regularly has to be the coolest thing ever!

Day Two 

The busiest day ever!


The first full day consisted of a couple of early morning appointments before my very first fashion show. The Eliza J showroom was absolutely stunning and looked like something you would see in a movie! I had the opportunity to check out the fall collection, mingle with fellow bloggers and eat some sweet treats. From there, I went to the BaubleBar showroom where I was greeted with the sweetest employees. I had the opportunity to try on all the new fall pieces, snack on some sweets and even pick out a little something special for myself. Then it was finally time for my first runway show...Galtiscopio! It definitely started out with a bang. Ray J came out to perform before the models walked down the runway modeling the most beautiful and unique clothing. 






I decided that I had enough time to change between shows...and it was insane. I made it back to Vaishali with little time to spare, but enjoyed watching these pretty pieces walk down the runway. 






Later that night, we went to the Style Collective event where we ate lots of great food, took a ton of photos and chatted with our new friends. 




Day Two

This was probably my favorite outfit of NYFW (and everyone else's too). I styled 2/3 my of wardrobe with this GORGEOUS Chanel bag from Trendlee. I've blogged about Trendlee a couple of times in the past as they are my favorite online luxury consignment shop. They have so many gorgeous and affordable pre-loved bags that look brand new! If you are in the market for a designer handbag, I urge you to give them a try. You won't be disappointed :-) 

P.S. This exact bag is currently available!





The day started off backstage with Tibi and Aveda. It was such a cool experience to see how a fashion show runs behind-the-scenes. I enjoyed watching the models get their hair and make-up done for the show as well as meeting up with even more of my Instagram friends! I also had the pleasure of having my hair done my Aveda (I asked for an Elsa braid lol!).




While waiting for our uber outside of Tibi, we saw a mob of street style photographers in action. It was the craziest thing! They were literally in the street while cars were coming trying to get that perfect shot. I was approached by a photographer from ManRepeller and ended up getting my photo published on the website! It's not the most flattering photo, but it was a cool experience to add to my list. ;-)




Then, we headed to Yuna Yang show (after a quick Starbucks stop). The venue was SO gorgeous! It was held at a museum and garden, which I thought was very intimate and unique. The designs were absolutely beautiful! After the show, we got to walk around the museum to see the designs up close. I was geeking out over all the little details!




After the show, I went to my designer fitting for next day. I had the opportunity to try on a few items from different designers and ultimately settled on two gorgeous pieces. We had a bit of time to spare in the evening, so we walked to Time Square to check it off our bucket list. The night proceeded with an incredible dinner out with new friends and a midnight window-shopping spree.



Day Four

Of course, I brought along my Chanel bag from Trendlee to accompany my designer wardrobe for today's festivities! It held EVERYTHING! I was able to bring along my phone, portable charger (high recommend!), a snack, bottle of water, lipstick, sunglasses and even my second dress. Not to mention, it's absolutely gorgeous! 




The first show of the day was Dan Liu. I absolutely LOVED his collection! It was feminine and whimsical and there were so many pieces that I literally wanted to buy on the spot. Are these designs me or what? *heart eyes*





After the show, we went out to brunch with our blogger friends from Lively Craze. This time around, I brought my secondary outfit with me for a seamless change. After brunch, we went to the STK rooftop for another fun blogger event. 




For my very last show, I attended Leanne Marshall. She has been an absolute favorite of mine since her Project Runway days (my favorite show!). It was a surreal experience to not only be able to attend her show, but to experience it front row. Her collection was so girly and colorful! LOVED it!




That evening, we met up with a couple of blogger friends for one last dinner and had so much fun! We finally got back to the hotel around midnight and I decided that it was a good time to meet some of my favorite blogger babes that I've been following for years before I left. Haha!


Day Five

After packing up all of our stuff, we decided to check off one last thing on our bucketlist...a walk through Central Park. It was such a stunning location and just what we needed before parting ways. I decided that I needed to make a quick pit-stop at Zara before I left and picked up some gorgeous items for Fall! Then it was off the airport, where my roomie and I exchanged good-byes. 


This whole experience has been so surreal and I am so thankful to have been able to experience it. I loved having the opportunity to meet so many brands in person and absolutely loved being able to style an amazing Chanel bag from Trendlee with my NYFW outfits. I loved being able to meet all of my online friends in person. It was so amazing to get to know them better, share things we all have in common and learn from one another. I loved being able to see these incredible shows in real life...a dream that I never thought would become a reality. I can't wait to go back :-) 

xo





No comments:

Post a Comment