Monday, September 25, 2017

Embroidered Maxi Dress



Happy Monday, lovelies!

I hope your weekend was amazing :-)  Read on to see what my weekend plans consisted of and how I styled this pretty pom pom maxi dress!










Outfit Details:

Dress: Chicwish c/o (on sale!) | Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here)| Handbag: Kate Spade (old - similar here and 50% off!) | Necklace: BaubleBar

So last week I accepted a long term sub job and my work load nearly doubled! Even though I knew I would be completely overwhelmed, I have a really hard time saying no. I have been phasing out this job since January as the blog becomes more and more time consuming. This is a job that I have had for the past four years and I am in a completely different place now than when I originally started. My credential expires at the end of next month and I'm on the fence as to whether or not I am going to renew it. I cut back on my hours drastically this year to dedicate more time to the blog and see if it could be something that I could pursue full-time. I have loved having the extra time to do what I love the most and these past few months have surprised me. 

Since I am essentially working three jobs right now, I spent this weekend getting a TON of blog work done for the upcoming week. This is probably one of my busiest blogging weeks ever so wish me luck! ;-) I did have a chance to relax a bit with my husband though! He's been dying to see IT, so I finally caved and went with him on a dinner/movie date. I like scary movies to an extent (think...mysteries, crime, thrillers, etc), but I am not a fan of gore or movies in the horror genre. It was terrifying to say the least! My eyes were either closed or bulging out of my face the whole time lol! I did really love the story line though and enjoyed the movie overall (even if it made me jump a few times ha!). 

Anyway, you've probably seen this pretty dress all over Instagram! I fell in love with the embroidered details, bright colors and adorable pom pom trim. It's a great transitional piece for summer and fall. You can style it a million different ways, but I styled it with nude heeled sandals, a bright pink handbag and the prettiest gold choker. For reference, I am wearing a size small. I'm 4'11" and it hits at my ankles, but a bit more length could be added as I have the waist pulled up a bit :-) I could have sized down to my normal size for this one as it's a bit large in the top. I do love that it's lined and it's a  very well-made dress for the price (plus it's adorable!). Love it!

What did you do over the weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment