Tuesday, June 28, 2016

How to Style a Hat



See Full Outfit Post Here


Good morning beauties!


I'm back from the Grand Canyon! Woo! It was SO hot...but SO amazing! Oh man, if you have never been, you would not believe how big this giant hole in the ground is. It literally goes on forever.


So anyway, I wrote a tutorial a couple of weeks ago about how to resize a hat that my be too big (read the post here). I ended up resizing all of my hats using this simple technique and wow...I did not realize how many I had. Let's just say that my hat collection may be catching up with my tulle skirt collection in the future... haha!


As I was doing this, I thought it might be fun to revisit some of my favorite "hat looks."
Enjoy! <3



See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here

See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here


See Full Outfit Post Here

See Full Outfit Post Here

If you've been coming here for awhile then you know that I wear dresses and skirts 95% of the time. I didn't realize this before, but ALL of my hat looks are styled with dresses! I know there are some out there that think that hats are masculine, BUT they are most definitely not. My girly style is proof of this.

Hats are just so much fun to style and can add that extra oomph to an outfit. The trick to remember that the hat should not overpower the outfit or detract from it, but instead add to it and look as natural as possible (as with any accessory). So the next time you feel like your outfit is missing a little something, why not throw on a cute hat?

Be sure to stop by Thursday for an adorable 4th of July inspired outfit! (And Friday, of course, for the link up AND my Honeymoon reveal)

Have a lovely day!

xo

P.S. I'm looking for guest posters for the last few weeks of August <3 Please email me at lizzieinlace@gmail.com with "Guest Post" in the subject line if you are interested! :-D





No comments:

Post a Comment