Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Travel Diaries: Paris



Bonjour, belle amis! <3


Today I am continuing through my recent European adventure and will be talking about all things Paris! Paris was a definite favorite for my husband and I from the moment we got there. It is a super romantic and insanely gorgeous city. I'm completely obsessed with this city and cannot wait to go back!


Read on to see where we went throughout our stay! And forgive me for the photo overload! I just can't help myself.....(wait until next week when I show you Switzerland...Holy gorgeousness!).




We were greeted with champagne and a beautiful view of Saint Germain upon arrival. For our first night, we wondered the streets...exploring and window shopping...then stopped in a darling cafĂ© for dinner. The crepe station near our hotel became an increasingly common place to visit throughout our stay....I'm pretty sure the owner thought we were crazy, but man! Those crepes were delicious!

For our first full day, we went on a short train ride to Versailles. This was definitely the highlight of Paris and if you ever had the chance to go, make this a priority! But get there early, otherwise you'll have a longgg wait.



When we got to Versailles, it started to pour rain...like POUR and of course, we forgot our umbrellas. We were both soaked, but we still had a great time!





My favorite part of the inner palace is the Hall of Mirrors. So incredible!




Let me just say that the palace itself is absolutely stunning, but the gardens are BREATHTAKING! The gardens seem to stretch forever and you could spend an entire day just exploring everything. They even have bicycle, golf cart and boat rentals to make it a little easier ;-)




We went on a Saturday so they had the "musical gardens" show going on. They had different classical songs playing at different places and it just added so much more to the ambiance of the palace.



How incredible is this waterfall!?









That night, we went to a show at the Moulin Rouge. It was very interesting.... haha! I loved the costumes and atmosphere the most. I wore this beautiful outfit on our big night out <3





On our second day, we went to the Louvre and saw so many incredible art pieces including....



The Mona Lisa! I'm only including this photo because I had to fight off an army of visitors taking hundreds of selfies and stealthily crawl through the crowd just to get this close. Once I made it to the front, it was equally as difficult getting out haha!


 

We stopped at Notre Dame on the way back to the hotel just in time to hear the bells ring!



French architecture was definitely my favorite out of all of our destinations!



My husband thought this was the famous love lock bridge (it's not, but he wanted to take a photo anyway haha!).



The view from Trocadero <3



On our last night, we went to the Eiffel Tower so we could see it sparkle. We got there at 8pm and apparently, sunset lasts a lot longer in Paris because it didn't get dark until 10pm. My husband had almost given up after two hours, but the tower finally lit up and it was totally worth the wait <3



Getting back to the hotel was quite an adventure. I took this as we got lost trying to find the metro station. :-)





Day One Outfit Details

Top: Who What Wear for Target (sold out - similar here and here)
Skirt: Anthropologie (sold out - similar here and here)
Shoes: Earth Brands c/o
Purse: Kate Spade
Necklace: Victoria Emerson c/o

Day Two Outfit Details

Top: Anthropologie (sold out - similar herehere and here)
Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here and here)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson (similar here and here)
Necklace: Victoria Emerson c/o


I fell head over heels for Paris. It was everything I dreamed of and more. This trip was truly life changing for me and I feel inspired in so many ways!

For my outfits, I dressed comfortably but still wanted to be chic because...duh! Paris! I dressed up a bit more for Versailles and the Moulin Rouge and dressed down for our second day adventures at the Louvre, Notre Dame and Eiffel Tower. My suitcase consisted of pink, blue, grey and cream colors which made it easy to get dressed (and easy to pack!). Much like London, Rome and Venice, we did a TON of walking in Paris so comfortable shoes were a must. I wore my Earth shoes (also seen here) which are both comfy and cute!

Be sure to check out my other travel posts from this trip! You can explore London here and Rome/Venice here!

I hope you are all enjoying my travel posts! Come back next Wednesday for a glimpse at gorgeous Switzerland!

Au revior! <3


Shop the Post: Day One



Shop the Post: Day Two


No comments:

Post a Comment