Monday, October 10, 2016

Girls in White Dresses



Happy Monday, lovelies!


I hope your weekend was amazing! We had a super lazy weekend with the exception of being locked out of our apartment last night ha! That was an adventure. :-)


So I'm sure all have a "little black dress" but what about a "little white dress?" White dresses go with everything and can be styled so many different ways! Read on for how I styled this look..













Dress: SugarLips c/o
Purse: Kate Spade
Scarf: Victoria Emerson c/o
Necklace: 7 Charming Sisters c/o
Watch: 101.watch c/o
 
I'm a sucker for a monochromatic look. Wearing one color from head to toe can look boring, BUT it can also look really amazing! The key is to mix a ton of textures. Layers of different fabrics give interest to an otherwise "one-dimensional" outfit. For this reason, I feel that this is best pulled off in the Winter. Being that it's still close to 90 degrees in California (at least where I live), heavy layering is not an option unless I'm willing to endure heat stroke so I styled a "warm weather" chromatic outfit.

I started with this lovely lace dress and added some gorgeous embellished pearl heels. I paired it with a lovely tassel scarf that would be the perfect layering piece for a cool morning or evening. I added a pop of Fall color with this lovely wine-colored bag and donned this beautiful necklace around my neck for some added sparkle then finished it off with this stunning pink watch (currently my fave!).

What I love about a monochromatic look is that the pieces are easy to mix and match into your wardrobe. I see myself wearing this dress with a chunky neutral cardigan, ankle boots and floppy hat for Fall (when it actually arrives lol!) and paired with tights and a beautiful coat for Winter.

What is your favorite monochromatic color to wear?

Have a great Monday!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment