Wednesday, June 28, 2017

How to Style a White Button Up Top




Hi pretties!
 
I hope your week is going well so far :-) Today, I'm talking about one of my favorite work wear staples: the white button up blouse.










 



 
Outfit Details:
 
Top: VIPME c/o (use Elizabeth652 for $5 off of $50) | Skirt: Piperlime  (old - love this, this and this) | Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here) | Purse: Kate Spade (old - similar here and here) | Necklace: Kate Spade via Rocksbox 
 
For some reason, I have an insane amount of white tops in varying materials such as chiffon, lace, and crochet. They all have something different about them that I love and are versatile enough to wear with nearly anything. This top from VIPME might be the most unique of them all with the gorgeous lace bell sleeves and frilled detail. I have never seen a sleeve like this before but it is so so beautiful! It's just enough that it makes a statement without being overpowering. It's perfect for the work place because it's still conservative, yet allows you to let your personal style and creativity shine through. I love the higher collar and pin-tucking down the chest because it give it a bit of a feminine flair. I was very impressed with the quality and found it true to size. This is definitely a top that will last for quite some time and can be worn throughout all seasons.
 
For this outfit, I paired it with a beautiful brocade skirt in the most stunning rose pattern! I've had this skirt for many years and it's still one of my favorites. I added laser cut heels, a pretty pink necklace, and the most adorable Tiffany Blue handbag. I love how classic this top is and that it can be styled with anything! I'll include more suggestions below:
 
1.) Wear it slightly tucked into jeans with a pair of statement mules and day clutch for a casual look
2.) Wear it tucked into a pencil skirt (or high-waisted trouser) with embellished heels and a tote for a perfect work wear look
3.) Wear it loosely with black jeans, ankle boots and a bucket bag for an edgier look
4.) Wear it tucked into a brightly colored A-line skirt with statement heels and a unique bag for a fun daytime look
5.) Wear it tucked into a leather mini-skirt with gladiator heels and a sparkly clutch for a night out
 
The possibilities are endless!
 
Another Tip: Be sure that skirt lengths are kept knee length or higher. Also note that if worn with a looser fit bottom such as a trouser, you'll want to tuck it in. Slimmer fit bottoms will be fine with it untucked.
 
How would you style it?
 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment