Friday, June 16, 2017

Everyday I'm Ruffling & Friday Faves Link Up




Happy Friday, darlings!
 
I hope you all had the best week! You all know how much I LOVE ruffles, so I'm sharing this pretty pink outfit with you today (and a few tips on how to wear voluminous ruffles) <3
 












 
Outfit Details:
 
Top: Chicwish c/o (also available in blue stripe and solid pink)| Skirt: Kate Spade (old - similar here, here and here) | Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad (old - similar here) | Purse: Kate Spade (old - pink version here) | Sunnies: Celine | Rings: Motif c/o
 
 
If you are on Instagram, then you probably have seen this top pop up a few times. I don't usually like to wear the most trendy item for obvious reasons, but I couldn't help but fall in love with this pink striped ruffled top from Chicwish! To say I'm obsessed would be an understatement. I own plenty of ruffled items (including the bed sheets {here and here} and comforter set I just bought lol!), but this one is so unique in design and a bit avant garde.
 
When styling a very full ruffled top like this one, you'll want to keep everything else streamlined and simple. For this outfit, I styled it with a bright pink mini skirt, adorable white bow bag and white laser cut heels. I keep my accessories very minimal due to the volume of the ruffles and went with two dainty floral rings and a fun pair of sunnies.
 
This top is actually a lot more versatile than it looks! I'll share a few other ideas with you below:
 
1.) Pair it with a pencil skirt. The fullness of the ruffles work well with the fitted shape of the pencil skirt. A good rule to follow is if there is volume on top, opt for a fitted bottom and if there is volume on the bottom, opt for a fitted top. This will keep everything proportionate and flattering ;-)
 
2.) Pair it with jeans or shorts. This also works well with the proportion rule and gives off a more casual vibe. Style it with a straw hat and fun sandals!
 
3.) Play with color! Of course this top would look stunning with a neutral bottom such as white or grey, but it would also look amazing with a contrasting color. Pink works really beautifully with bright yellow, blue (cobalt, navy or light), mint green and purple (bright or light). You can use this contrasting color as your bottom or even as an accessory if you aren't feeling that bold. Pops of color look great with accessories as handbags, shoes and sunglasses.
 
 
I hope you loved today's post! Let me know what you think ;-)
 
xo
 
 
P.S. I am thinking about recruiting a permanent co-host or two for this link up. Anyone interested?
 
 
 
Shop the Post:

 
 
-----------------------------
 
Since I missed one last week, I have TWO picks for today's faves <3


 

I love this bold blue with the embellishments and her post with vintage shopping tips is amazing!
 

 
 
As a fellow ruffle queen, of course I love all of these outfits (plus she's wearing the blue version of my pink top)! So cute!


  ---------------------------
Link up time - yay! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment