Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Dark Florals & Cap Toes




Hi pretties!
 
I cannot believe that yesterday was the first day of Summer! Where did the time go? To be honest, I'm ready for Summer to be over as it's already 110 degrees here haha! But I guess that gives me an excuse to go somewhere a bit cooler ;-)













Outfit Details:
 
Dress: Chicwish c/o | Shoes: Ukies c/o (use lizzieinlace for 15% off) | Purse: LC Lauren Conrad (similar here)| Headband: Headbands of Hope c/o | Watch: Christian Paul c/o | Ring
 
Speaking of swimsuit weather...you may recall a post I wrote a few weeks ago about wanting to get back into the groove of working out and eating better. I used to be so good about it and life got in the way..ugh! I did start going to the gym regularly again (yay!) up until a week and a half ago when I sprained my ankle while hiking in Tahoe. My ankle is doing much better and I'm ready to hit the gym again! With that being said, although I have been eating much healthier, I'm still dealing with a few issues (mainly bloating). I've never done an actual diet before (aside from Whole30) but I'm looking into Keto and Intermittent Fasting. Have any of you had experiences with these before? If so, I'd love your opinion!
 
Onto my outfit! I have swooning over this dress for the past few weeks and now it's finally in my possession *heart eyes*. I never used to like darker florals, but they have grown on me over the past few years. I love the contrast of the dark and light and think it looks classic, chic and feminine with a bit of edge. This dress has super cute tailored sleeves with pin-tucking details down the chest. It also has buttons, a waist tie and the most adorable peter pan collar. I think this is a dress shape that could be flattering on multiple body types. And don't worry, I've already tested the twirl-ability of it and it passed with flying colors :-) I decided to pair it with cap toe loafers instead of my normal heel. This is my first pair of loafers and I absolutely love them, especially because they have a bow. I was always afraid to wear loafers because I thought they might be too masculine, but I think it adds a fun juxtaposition to an overtly feminine outfit. Plus, these are SO comfy thanks to the nanoGel comfort technology. As you know, I'm a huge fan of headbands so I thought this one would look perfect with this outfit! I finished it off with a black crossbody (although a tote would work nicely as well), rose gold watch and dainty ring. This would be such a darling look for work!
 
Have a lovely day! <3
 
xo


Shop the Post:


 


No comments:

Post a Comment