Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Home Office Sneak Peak




Happy Wednesday, pretties!

Today I'm showing you a sneak peak of my office/closet room :-) It's not completely finished but is it ever? Haha! Read below to see my DIY results and a small tour!





First things first....I had two furniture pieces that weren't ideal for the look I was going for. The first was a 3x4 storage cube and the other a 1x3 storage cube. When I had purchased, they only had dark brown available. It was nice but it just wasn't me. I got a few rolls of temporary wallpaper from Wall Pops and decided to spruce up my shelf a bit. The wallpaper was easy to use and since I live in an apartment, I love that it doesn't damage walls. I also love that it has other uses and plan to line a few of my drawers in it as well :-) This print is called Grey Woods and I love that it's a subtle nature print that isn't too overwhelming. Additionally, I painted the entire thing white. I'm SO happy with the results and it the room looks so much brighter and roomy now.




For my smaller cube, I also painted it white and used the other half of the wallpaper roll. Additionally, I added the Serene Cream design for the shelves. This design is reminiscent of a grey wooden floor and looks amazing with the nature print. I have this next to my desk for easy access to blogging related items and photography equipment.



This is my little desk area :-) I have literally been searching for the perfect chair for almost two years. I just could never find anything I really loved...until I saw this beauty. I was actually set on getting a clear midcentury modern chair with a fur overlay, but decided that I probably needed something a bit more comfortable for blogging purposes... and I also loved the gorgeous blush color. I added a faux fur rug with the prettiest gold accents to finish it off. Also the cork board is actually a good ten years old and was a previous DIY that I did years ago.




This little cake stand is where I store accessories that I need to shoot (ie. jewelry, shoes, purses, headbands, etc.). It's both functional and pretty to look at!



This is my dressing area :-) The closet in this room houses my tops, skirts and coats. I have a separate closet for dresses. The wooden garment rack includes all of my hats, large totes, evening bags, ankle boots, scarves and belts nestled neatly on the shelves (that apparently I didn't get a photo of..oops!). It is also where I put all of my clothing for future shoots. If I come up with a great outfit, I will put it on this rack so I don't forget the combo :-) Also the gold sequin hanger is a DIY that I did on the blog early on. My newly refurbished cube organizer houses all of my handbags and displays the majority of my jewelry and hair accessories. At the bottom, I have three light grey fabric cubes that hide away other things such as light scarves, tights, beanies and gloves.




I have a jewelry bar set on top of my cube that has the majority of my jewelry and hair accessories including smaller statement necklaces, bracelets, watches and headbands (I have my bigger statement necklaces and more dainty pieces on my vanity or hanging in the bedroom). I think my headbands are in need of some organizing haha.




My shoe rack makes up the other half of my accessories wall. I have it organized by shoe type and color (flats, sandals, heels) for easily access. I have a separate shoe rack for flats hanging in my closet.




Details:

Desk (on sale for less than $90! - also love this) | Chair (pink sold out) | Faux Fur Rug3 Cube Organizer | 12 Cube Organizer | Wooden Garment Rack | Shoe Rack | Necklace Bar | Bracelet Bar | Sequin Pillow: Ankit c/o | Wall Paper:Wall Pops

I hope you enjoyed a little peak into my office/closet space :-)

See you Friday for an outfit post and link up!

xo

Shop the Post:



No comments:

Post a Comment