Monday, February 20, 2017

Bohemian Floral



Good morning, gorgeous gals!

It's the start of another week anddd the last day of a three day weekend! Yay! Except I'm still teaching guitar today haha! #workaholic ....BUT I am planning to spend the rest of the day with my husband. My laptop is about to die so we are going to look at computers and hopefully throw in a hike if the weather cooperates ;-) Speaking of weather...it has been raining in California like CRAZY and I kind of love it. The hills are sooooo green and it's starting to feel like Spring <3












Outfit Details:

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad (old) | Shoes: Free People (old - similar here) | Bag: Free People (similar here) | Belt:  ModCloth (old)| Choker: Ettika c/o | Cuff | Ring: Bryan Anthonys c/o | Headpiece: Headbands of Hope | Lipstick

Spring is my absolute favorite season ever (Fall is a very close second) and it's easy to see why. I live for blooming flowers, chirping birds and an abundance of sunshine! My allergies, on the other hand, are another story haha. Spring is very short-lived in my part of the country, which is very unfortunate. I take full advantage of this beautiful weather while I can because I know that seven months of a 100+ degree Summer lie ahead. One of my favorite transitional pieces for Springtime is the long sleeve maxi dress (preferably in chiffon). It allows the perfect amount of coverage for cooler temps and yet is breathable enough for warmer weather. You can easily layer it with a cardi, vest or coat for additional warmth and still look stylish.

Maxi dresses and skirts were, at one time, my arch enemy. Being as I'm 4'11", it's quite difficult to find anything that isn't too long...jeans, skirts and of course, dresses. I was always so scared to try them because I thought they would drown me and make me appear shorter with the excess fabric. It was also quite a chore trying to find one that didn't need altering....and then I took a chance and bought my first one. It was love at first wear and I was so surprised that it actually made me look taller! That was the start of a new addiction (ha!).

This particular dress is my favoriteeee maxi of all time. The watercolor floral is absolutely exquisite and the flowy chiffon material makes me feel like a goddess. It's a very boho-chic piece and I wanted to reflect that in this outfit. I styled the dress with these amazing nude gladiator heels that I absolutely love and a chic bucket bag that I probably wear way too much. I added a ton of gold accessories including this beautiful choker, stunning headpiece and dainty cuff and ring. Love!

If you missed my latest post about comparing yourself to others, read it here! Also, don't forget to stop by Wednesday as I will starting a new mini-series on how to grow your Instagram :-)


I hope you all enjoy your day off!

xo


Shop the Post:
(and my current Favorite Maxi Dresses)






No comments:

Post a Comment