Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Trunk Club Review



Good morning lovelies!


I very rarely write an actual review post unless I feel that it would be beneficial. Strangely enough, review posts are some of my most read posts! Other in depth reviews include Lularoe (great for those considering starting up a business or from a customer standpoint ) and Chicwish & Romwe (great for who haven't shopped with these brands before).


This one is a bit different. I recently had the pleasure of reviewing Trunk Cub and wanted to share my experience with you. Please excuse my sunburned skin and mirror photos haha (we went to the beach the day before and had just moved in to our new apartment).


Subscription boxes are trending right now. There seems to be a subscription for everything! My faves include Rocksbox for designer jewelry and Ditto for designer sunglasses. They are so much fun! It's almost like Christmas every month! Trunk Club actually sends outfits (everything is from Nordstrom -yay!), which is so convenient if finding the time to shop is difficult or if you just don't know where to start when it comes to your wardrobe. I have used a similar subscription service before: StitchFix. I used it one time and all of the items were totally not my style so I didn't even bother with a post. I thought I'd give it another try with Trunk Club and I'm so glad I did! (This post is definitely not sponsored...just something I wanted to share.)

My stylist, Eizabeth Liebler, contacted me asking if I wanted to try it out. I was hesitant due to my previous StitchFix experience, but decided that it couldn't hurt. I always find it so hard to let others style me, but Elizabeth definitely impressed me with my box. I told her exactly what my style was (romantic, feminine, pretty yet fun) and what I was looking for (a lighter color palette and a more streamlined, grown up look). Now, I love my patterns and bright colors, but there comes a time in everyone's life where their "look" starts to shift a bit. I've been wanting to tone mine down, but still hold on to the elements that I love...just in a different, more sophisticated way. I definitely need more neutral pieces in my closet so I requested those as well.

And guess what? She listened and delivered an amazing wardrobe that I loved! She hit the nail on the head the very first time and I completely trust her to style me again. My box was full of sequins, chiffon, lace and lots of pink! Let's have a look at what she picked out!

--------------------------
 
General sizing info:
I'm normally a 0/2 (XS) in tops, skirts and dresses but usually go with a 2 to a have a bit more room. For pants, I'm a size 4 (Small).

Height: 4'11"





Dress (and 40% off!)  |  Boots


Sizing: XS for the dress. The fit was great!


My thoughts: I thought the dress was adorable and I loved that I could wear in on or off shoulder, but I couldn't justify the price with the fabric type (very nice, but felt that I could have found this dress elsewhere for cheaper).


Verdict: Sent back




Sizing: Regular size 6 for boots, I believe. They fit great!


My thoughts: I LOVED these, but did not like the elastic backing. It made it difficult to get them on a off. Otherwise they are comfortable to walk in and well made!


Verdict: Sadly, sent back :-(




Dress  |  Boots


Sizing: Small. I'm always an XS in Free People and this dress was a tad too big, but I liked the loose fit of it.


My thoughts: Obsessed! I mean, look at those ruffles? And I never met a floral print that I didn't like. It's flowy, graceful and makes me feel beautiful!


Verdict: Kept




Dress  |  Shoes (on sale!)
 
Sizing: XS. It fit well, but was jut a tad too big in the chest area. Also, it's meant to be a midi, but is definitely a maxi on me...nothing out of the ordinary haha!


My thoughts: Amazing quality! The lace is suberb! I felt like a beach goddess and wanted to keep it, but EEK! the price.


Verdict: Sent back





Dress  |  Shoes (on sale!)


Sizing: I believe this dress was a size 2. It fit up top, but was way too small on the bottom. There is actually a slip underneath and I couldn't move it past my hips.


My thoughts: LOVED this. Definitely not something I would have picked out, but I'm just obsessed. I would feel more comfortable going a size up since all my junk is on display :-)


Verdict: Sadly, sent back but wish I would have kept :'-(




Sizing: Shoes are normal size 6.


My thoughts: Loved the color, but the heel was too high for my liking. I'm not crazy about platforms or super high heels (like anything above 3 1/2 inches haha) because it's hard for me to walk in.


Verdict: Sent back






Dress  |  Shoes (on sale!)


Sizing: XS. Fits perfectly!


My thoughts: This dress is beautiful and unique! I didn't think I would like it, but I did. I just have nowhere to wear it.


Verdict: Sent back



Top  |  Pants  |  Shoes (on sale!)


Sizing: Top is a size 2, but I should have sized down to a 0 because it was huge.


My thoughts: I love the lace on the top, but wasn't crazy about the fit.


Verdict: Sent back




Sizing: The pants are a 4P and fit great!


My thoughts: I don't wear pants EVER, but I actually liked these! They looked cute, but I probably wouldn't have worn them as much as I should.


Verdict: Sent back




Top (and 40% off!)  |  Pants  |  Shoes (on sale!)


Sizing: Size 2 for the top. A bit loose, but it's the smallest size.


My thoughts: LOVED this one! The blush color is gorgeous and hello?! Sequins!


Verdict: Sadly, sent it back but will be buying now that it's on sale! :-D




------------------


Overall, She did an AMAZING job picking out my items. I legit liked all of them and LOVED a handful. This definitely the start of some amazing changes coming to my closet and I absolutely cannot wait to see what she has in store for my second trunk! If you want to try it out, I highly recommend Elizabeth. She is talented, friendly and actually listens to what your needs are. You can visit her here.




What do you think of the pieces she picked out?
Which one is your favorite?


Have a great Wednesday! :-D


xo







No comments:

Post a Comment