Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Travel Diaries: Venice & Rome



Happy Wednesday, beautiful friends! <3


Today I will be sharing photos from Venice and Rome along with outfit details! Both cities are SO different, but amazing in their own way. Venice is so romantic, beautiful and quaint while Rome is a large, bustling city full of history!






On the first day, we slept A LOT! We had already traveled through England, France and Switzerland and Italy was the last stop on our trip. It was quite a journey from Switzerland to Venice. We took FIVE trains and a waterbus for a total of 12 hours. Once we arrived, we proceeded to get lost for over an hour while trying to find the hotel (even with two maps lol!). The locals were super friendly and helped us find our way. :-)




We didn't really have a "plan" for Venice, which ended up being a good idea because the streets were confusing to navigate at first. We spent our time wandering about and ended up at some of the most amazing sites including the gorgeous St. Mark's Basilica.




I adored walking along meandering streets and crossing various bridges overlooking the most beautiful canals. Venice was truly dreamy <3




We ended up at the famed Rialto Bridge where I somehow managed to squeeze through the hoards of people to snap this photo (being short has it's perks!).


--------------------------------



My first impression of Rome was "WOW!" This place is so full of history! It's literally everywhere you look.



Once we arrived, we decided to explore the sites near our hotel and ended up at the Pantheon (it's almost 2,000 years old!).



We wandered a little further and came the Trevi Fountain (I had to squeeze through a million people for this shot also haha!).





On our first full day, we did a self guided tour of the Colloseum. It was HUGE and amazing! (Excuse the gym shoes...my feet were exhausted by the end of the trip lol )



We proceeded to Palantine Hill and the Roman Forum for a quick look around. I wish we could have stayed longer but it was so hot!




On the second day, we toured the Vatican City museum to see the Sistine Chapel. I majored in Art in college, so the Sistine Chapel was a huge deal for me! It definitely did not disappoint! On the way back, we stopped by Saint Peter's Basilica. It was soooo pretty!




One of my favorite places was the Piazza Navona! It was right by our hotel and was a great place for food, entertainment and people watching.



Venice Outfit Details

Bag: Vogue Tote (get 50% off your 1st month when you use "Lizzie50"at checkout")
Watch: Telesto Watches c/o
Necklace: Victoria Emerson c/o


Rome Day One Outfit Details

Backpack: Lauren Conrad Runway (sold out)
Watch: Christian Paul c/o
Necklace: Victoria Emerson c/o


Rome Day Two Outfit Details

Dress: Lularoe (check out my Lularoe review here)
Watch: Christian Paul c/o
Necklace: Anoki Boutique c/o

Overall, I loved trekking through Italy! And although eating pizza, pasta and gelato all day sounds like a dream come true, it was quite the opposite lol! Luckily, we found a Hard Rock in Venice to get our cheeseburger fix. :-)

For Italy, I packed comfy outfits that would keep me cool in the heat, but that would also be appropriate for touring churches (there is a dress code). These fit into my packing color scheme of cream, pink, blue and grey...and of course, I had to bring along a few floral print dresses :-) By the end of the trip, curling my hair, trimming my bangs and wearing cute shoes became less important. We did a TON of walking in Italy and even though my gym shoes did not make me feel "pretty," they got the job done! I was able to try Vogue Tote, an handbag and jewelry subscription service, for a month and brought along my pretty pinks for the trip! I wore this hot pink Kate Spade bag with a lot of my outfits to add a pop of color and styled the gold jewels with various outfits. Overall, it was a great experience and I love the idea of renting designer handbags each month! So glad I got to take them along with me during my travels <3

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

xo

Be sure to check out my London outfits here!

No comments:

Post a Comment