Friday, January 13, 2017

Plum Pretty & Friday Faves Link Up




Happy Friday, lovelies!


It has been such a busy week and I am just relieved that it's almost the weekend. I've been loving this color for winter and have also been obsessed with monochrome looks, so I thought I'd put them both together in one outfit :-) See how I styled it below!

















Outfit Details:

Top: Haute Shop Co. (get 20% off with Lizzie20!)c/o | Skirt | Heels | Purse | Belt (old) | Headband (old - similar here, here and here) | Rings: Humble & Spark


I'm all about monochrome outfits these days and especially love them in neutral colors (see my winter white outfit here). At the same time, I absolutely love color and think wearing one color head to toe is so much fun! When you're wearing one color (or variations of it), it's important to combine different textures to add interest. Varying different shades of the same hue can also help you look put together. For this look, I styled this beautiful lace bell sleeved top with my favorite velvet midi skirt (also styled here). I also added a gorgeous leather saddle bag in a similar hue (my husband said it was too much, but I said no way! haha!). I love how the textures of the lace, velvet and leather play off of each other and compliment one another perfectly. I added a pair of rose gold heels to mimic the hardware of the bag. In lieu of a necklace, I opted for a gold jeweled belt. I finished it off with a pretty gold leaf headband and a dainty gold set of rings. I know you're not "supposed" to style a million different trends into one outfit (guilty!), but rules are meant to be broken, right? Especially when it comes to fashion ;-)

I will be doing a Q&A post next week, so if you have any questions about me, the blog or anything in general, let me know in the comments below or by email (lizzieinlace@gmail.com). I've gotten quite a few responses so far, but I'd love to have a few more :-)

Happy weekend!!

xo


Shop the Post




  -----------------------------

Link Up Time! Yay!

This week's favorite look is from........


Just A Tina Bit




This casual outfit is super cute! I love the mix of the leopard print and stripes with that gorgeous cardigan.





----------------------------

If this is your first time, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment