Monday, January 16, 2017

Back in Black



Happy Monday, beauties!


I hope your week is off to a great start. My weekend was super busy and I'm expecting an even busier week. Even though the weekend just ended, I'm counting down the days to the next one. Haha! ;-)












Outfit Details:

Top: Express (sold out - similar here and here) | Skirt: Kohls (also love this and this) | Coat | Heels: Kohls (old - similar here and here) | Purse: Whiting & Davis c/o | Headband: Anthropologie (similar here, here and here) | Necklace: Stella & Dot c/o | Bracelet: Kate Spade (similar here)

Today marks my first week of Whole 30 (woo hoo!). The most challenging part has been finding different recipes to try. For the first few days, I experienced extreme migraines and although, they went away, I have been feeling very tired and weak. I'm hoping to start back at the gym this week and hopefully will feel a bit more energized. Fingers crossed! Yesterday, we drove outside of town to hike at one of my favorite places. The hills were SO green from all the rain, but it was absolutely freezing and really foggy so we didn't get to stay too long. We are planning a shoot for when the weather warms up a bit so stay tuned. :-)

So this ensemble was actually one of my holiday outfits for the New Year. I had to post it a bit late, but better late than never, right? I was inspired by this fun feather necklace. The black and gold accents are beautiful together so I thought they would look even more beautiful as a complete outfit. I paired this gorgeous lace top with a pretty polka dot tulle skirt. The mixing of the textures and patterns are so fun yet elegant. Aside from the feather statement necklace, I added gold glittery heels, a gold pave bow bracelet and a dainty gold leaf headband. I topped it off with a white faux fur coat for texture and color contrast and a stunning gold mesh bag that mimics the pattern on the lace top. As someone who was previously terrified to wear any trace of black at all, I have to say that I really love this outfit. I'm learning that black isn't so bad at all.

Have a great day!

xo


P.S. I'm debating the age old decision of switching to Wordpress so if you are a blogger that has moved your site from Blogger to Wordpress, please give me insight. I need serious help lol!
*insert crying emoji*

P.P.S The second half of my mini flatlay series has been moved to next Wednesday due to unforeseen circumstances. I apologize for that! But I promise that it will be worth the wait :-)


Shop the Post:





No comments:

Post a Comment