Friday, November 11, 2016

Turning in Tulle & Friday Faves Link Up



Happy Friday beauties!


I hope you have enjoyed your week. Today I'm styling a lovely holiday inspired look with...tulle! <3




Fair warning...I added more photos than normal to this post (oops!). My husband and I were so excited about the new camera and wanted to experiment with this outfit so we went to multiple locations. My old camera didn't do well with sun so I took photos in the shade the majority of the time. Imagine our excitement when we saw that we could shoot in the sun! haha! I'm so excited for the possibilities. It's the little things :-)





 
I never met a tulle skirt I didn't like and would wear them everyday if it were appropriate. The light grey color of this skirt compliments the magenta top beautifully. I added faux suede shoes in a similar color and my favorite sparkly clutch. A dainty gold necklace and ear cuff completed the look.






So last week, I wrote about something that I normally don't. I wrote about what is currently going on in my life...uncertainty in my job, the longing of a different career path and the fear of starting over again. I have always been a pretty private person so it was very hard for me to share that with you all. In fact, I had planned on deleting it as soon as I woke up. All of your supportive and encouraging comments brought tears to my eyes and I realized that I wasn't alone in this. I felt so much love in this little community and I am so thankful for all of you.






Top: Vivian Rose Boutique c/o | Skirt: Space 46 (similar here) | Shoes: Target (old) (similar here) | Clutch: (similar here, here and here)| Necklace: The Peach Box c/o | Ear Cuff: Soul Sisters Jewelry c/o (Use LIZZIE at checkout to get 20% off!)

Last week, I had also left a link to a survey. I really want to thank those of you that took the time to give me honest feedback. It really means so much to me! Through it, I was able to get to know you all a bit more and what you you'd like to see on the blog. I've gotten insight as to what is working and what I need to work on. It will be a slow process, but I have started implementing a few changes already and am excited for what the future will bring. This feedback was just the push I needed to go after my passion. It won't be immediate, but it's in the works.

All of your responses really made my heart smile! I appreciate the constructive criticism as well as all of your kind words. A lot of you said that you would be interested in a YouTube channel, so I will definitely look into that for the future. Some also mentioned Snapchat. I have made an account (I believe it's lizzieinlace) and would love to connect there as well. I have no clue how to use it yet but I'll work on it lol! I also have a few series/courses in the works that I am super excited to share. Site design is high on my list and I have started implementing a few changes (and one of you mentioned not being able to see the whole thing on your computer. Is this a problem for anyone else?). However, I use Blogger and find it very frustrating to try to get it to do what I want. If you any of you are experts with this platform, let me know! I need help haha!

Most importantly, many of you mentioned that they would love for me to share a bit more about myself. I agree 100%. I mainly talk about my outfits in my posts and even though I don't like to get too personal, I also didn't want to bore any of you with the ins and outs of my very normal life. I realize now how vital it is to share a bit of yourself so others can connect with you on a deeper level. So thank you so much for showing me this!


Shop the Post:


Also, shop my Nordstrom sale picks! 


-----------------------------------

Link Up Time! Yay!

This week's favorite look is from........




I absolutely love the unexpected color combo of these pieces! It's such a fun and vibrant, yet feminine look. I'm pretty obsessed with that skirt.


-------------------------------

If this is your first time, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment