Monday, November 7, 2016

Black & White Dress





Good morning, lovelies!

I hope your weekend was amazing! Today I'm talking about this darling dress andddd....

My NEW CAMERA! Ahhhh!








My new camera arrived on Friday (eek! And my 50mm lens will arriving today!!) so we spent the weekend practicing. We took photos at sunrise, sunset and at a ton of different locations just to experiment a little bit. I must say, WOW what a difference. I really didn't think that a professional level camera would make that much of a difference, but I'm very happy with the results. I know it will take a while to get used to it and generate a "photography style," but I'm super excited to learn! And I have a lot to learn about editing haha! For the past year and a half, I have been using this camera, which actually isn't too bad for a point and shoot and was great for starting my blog. However, I feel that I am at the point now where I'd like my photos to look a bit more professional.








When I started, I didn't think anyone aside from my mom would read it. It really just started as a hobby to showcase my outfits and love of fashion when I really needed a creative outlet in my otherwise non-creative work life. A lot has changed since then, included my motive behind the blog. I have discovered a lot about myself through this process...who I am, what I like and what I want. I went to fashion school for design many years ago and unfortunately, it just didn't work out the way I had planned. This blog has mended my heartbreak while forcing me out of my shell and although, I still love the physical aspect of making something beautiful, I have also realized that I equally love styling outfits and putting together amazing pieces.








If you read my post from Friday, then you know the choice I am currently facing. After I hit publish, I was feeling so self conscious and nervous. I went to bed with the intention of deleting it when I woke up. I was so surprised to see so many supportive comments and many others that have felt the same. It solidified my choice even more and makes me want to work a thousand times harder to make it a reality. Putting myself out there was super scary, especially since I don't open up often but I'm really glad I did and I realize that I need to share a little bit more of myself on here, rather than just outfits. With the growing intensity I feel about getting serious about blogging, I have decided to create a short eight question survey. I'd really appreciate if you could take a few moments to help me out. Seeing everything from your view point will help me make the necessary changes. You can take it here.






 


Dress | Shoes: Madora c/o | Purse (pink version here) | Headband: Headbands of Hope c/o | Sunnies: Retro Sunnies c/o | Lips: Lips with Mindy (I'm wearing "Lexie-beary"- mention my name for 10% off your order)
 

Speaking of outfits... how lovely is this black and white dress? As a person who has shied away from wearing black for so long, I am slowly adding a bit more of it into my wardrobe...and I quite like it. I think that it can still be feminine and "pretty," but also add a bit of edginess (and I'm definitely not an edgy person haha! Unless you count my blink-182 obsessed high school years). I added some amazing black bow heels (also seen here), a black and gold polka dot bag (also seen here) and a sparkly headband (also seen here) instead of jewelry. I am also realllllly loving these sunnies! And this lipstick! If you haven't tried Lipsense yet (my newest obsession), you are missing out. It seriously stays on all day and the colors are super pretty. I am especially loving Lexie-beary for fall!

I hope you have a lovely Monday! And please don't forget to take my feedback survey if you have a moment to spare. It would mean so much! <3

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment