Friday, September 2, 2016

Guest Blogger: Layers of Chic ...& Friday Faves Link Up




High-Waist Summer Shorts and Lace Top

Hi Beauties!

I hope you all have enjoyed these guest posts over the past few weeks. I am so thankful for all of these amazing ladies that took over while I was away <3 We just arrived back in the States and I'll be back to the blog starting Monday! I've missed you all so much! If you'd like to see some snapshots of our European adventures (or just want to say HI!), head over Instagram :-)

Mary from Layers of Chic will be conluding the guest blogger series today with her gorgeous, feminine ensemble. Her style definitely speaks to my heart. <3 You know I love my dresses and skirts, but who knew that shorts could be so chic? Check out her outfit and link up below!


Feminine Summer Shorts and Pink Lace Top

Hello everyone and happy Friday! Mary here from Layers of Chic. I'm so happy to have the opportunity to guest post, Lizzie and I have very similar styles as we both love lace, pink, and all things feminine. One of my favorite summer pieces is a good pair of high-waisted shorts. I know when people think of shorts they might immediately think of denim and a super casual style, but there are so many other variations out there. I love this cotton pair from & Other Stories, the scallop pocket detail and perfect high-waisted fit give the shorts a feminine vibe.  

Dressed-Up Summer Shorts and Vintage Lace Top

Kate Spade Guava Bag

Feminine Lace Top and High-Waist Summer Shorts

I dressed up the shorts with a vintage lace top (told you I love lace!) and pearl necklace, and finished the look with lace-up sandals and a bright Kate Spade bag. I opted to keep the color palette light and feminine to go with the shorts, and added a pop of color with the bag. I'm loving peach as a color theme, and this bag reminds me of Essie's Peachside Babe nail polish color, which I'm also obsessed with and totally recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it yet!



High-Waist Cotton Shorts and Lace Top Outfit

What I'm Wearing: Vintage lace top (similar here), & Other Stories shorts (similar here), House of Harlow sandals (similar here), Kate Spade bag 


These shorts are so versatile that you could pair them with anything from a casual T-shirt tucked in to a crop top to a long-sleeve blouse for transitioning into Fall. I especially like high-waisted styles when it comes to shorts as it gives them a retro feel and can be styled similarly to a high-waisted skirt. So sometimes when I don't feel like wearing a skirt but still want to look girly and put-together, high-waisted shorts are a great option for me. 


Thanks so much for reading and I hope you've enjoyed this post! You can hop over to my blog Layers of Chic to see more of my looks if you'd like. Have a great weekend!


xo,
Mary

----------------------

Hi beauties!

Welcome to the Link Up! Thanks so much to Mary for hosting while I am away!

Link up your favorite look from the week below <3



No comments:

Post a Comment