Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Travel Diaries: London



Happy Wednesday, lovelies!


Today, I'm sharing photos and outfit details from my recent trip to London. London was the cutest city with endless gardens and plenty of tea houses. Definitely, my kind of place!





Our first day in London started out with a self-guided tour of Buckingham Palace (after we were late because my alarm clock didn't go off!). The Palace is only open a couple months out of the year for visitors so we came at a great time! The details inside and outside were so enchanting and extravagant. This year, they had the Queen's clothing on display in honor of her 90th birthday. There were hundreds of outfits and gowns that she's worn throughout the years including her wedding dress and coronation gown. It was definitely my favorite part (and my husband's least favorite haha!).






After our tour, we decided to stroll through St. James Park. The park was abundant with a rainbow of florals! We found this adorable cottage at the end of our walk. <3






From St. James Park, we decided to walk a bit further to see Westminster Abbey and Big Ben. Of course, I had to stop at a red telephone booth because...London! Since we walked this far already, we decided that we would go check out the London Eye.





The London Eye was SOOOO cool! I'm not a fan of giant ferris wheels because I got sick on the one at Disney in the past, but this one is so slow moving that it doesn't feel like you're moving at all! We saw some of the most amazing panoramic views of the city. It was definitely a great introduction!




We ended our night at Hard Rock Café. We quickly learned that food in train stations, airplanes and most cities are limited to sandwiches (although, London had more of a variety) so eating a cheeseburger was definitely on the to do list.

Day Two started out at the Tower of London, which is a super neat medieval castle. We toured it in the rain, which is a nice change from the 110+ degree weather we have at home.



We found this adorable little square inside the Tower of London and then proceeded to see the Crown Jewels, which were ah-maz-ing! <3



We ended up at Tower Bridge, which is so ornate and beautiful (much like everything else in London).



We took a walk through Notting Hill, then proceeded through a gated community of gorgeous mansions an ended up at Kensington Palace.




We explored the gardens at Kensington and then headed to Holland Park to check out Kyoto Garden, a pretty Japanese Garden.



Day One Outfit Details

Dress (pink version here) (similar here, here and here)
Shoes: Earth Brands c/o
Purse: Kate Spade [sold out]

Day Two Outfit Details

Dress: Chicwish [Sold out] (similar here and here)
Coat: Asos [Sold out] (similar here and here)
Shoes: Earth Brands c/o
Purse: Kate Spade

London was such a cute place! I just adored all the detail they put into everything and how genuinely nice everyone was! I definitely want to go back someday <3

For my outfits, I wanted to have something that was pretty but still comfortable. When I packed my outfits for the entire Europe trip, I used a simple color scheme so I could mix and match pieces. I brought a variety of pink, blue, cream and grey. I have very few patterned pieces because prints are harder to mix and when you have limited storage in your suitcase, it's important to pack smart. Of course, I brought a ton of dresses and skirts. I knew we'd be walking a lot so I made sure to pack some comfy shoes...and let me tell you, it is HARD to find something that is both comfortable and cute. Luckily, I found these adorable mock lace up flats from Earth Brands. They have great support and look amazing! I'm dying over this color. It will be so perfect for the Fall transition.

Hope you all have a great day!

xo




No comments:

Post a Comment