Monday, March 13, 2017

Tied in a Bow



Hi pretties!


I hope you had an amazing weekend. My sister's baby shower was so much fun! We met new family members, played some fun games (I won -yay!) and ate the most amazing (and gorgeous) cake ever. But now, it's back to reality and I'm in for a super busy and emotional week.














Outfit Details:

Top: Target (similar here)| Skirt: Anthropologie (old - similar here) | Shoes: Nine West (old - similar here) | Purse | Headband: Anthropologie (old - similar here)


I wanted to start off the week with a cute work outfit. I styled this adorable blush-colored bow blouse with a fun cut out midi skirt. I accessorized with grey bow heels and a light grey saddle bag and kept my jewelry to a minimum only sporting a sparkly jeweled headband. I don't style too many work wear outfits on the blog, but thought this would be fitting since it will likely be my last week at my job. Well....one of my jobs. I'm still teaching guitar :-)

At the beginning of the year, I announced that I was going to start transitioning into full-time blogging (yay!) as part of my New Year's Resolution (being courageous). I haven't been taking any sub jobs this year so that I could dedicate a bit more time to the blog. Back in November, I was offered a three day sub job at one of my favorite schools and well.....this is the week! I have been subbing for the past four years and sooooo much has happened in that amount of time, both good and bad. I never wanted to be a teacher, but I grew really attached to the students and have seen some of my favorites graduate within that time frame and even though this school year has been pretty rocky, I've made so many relationships and memories that I will cherish. At the same time, my heart has always been in fashion and I feel like if I'm pursuing one thing, then I'll have to sacrifice my true dream. If I am going to put all of my time into one thing, I want it to be the one thing that I love the most. I know that this path is not certain or stable, but sometimes people do crazy things for things that they are passionate about. I'm feeling so many emotions: sadness, relief, excitement, hope, etc. but I know that the risk will worth it one day to do something I truly love. After all, once you get uncomfortable, the real magic starts to happen. I have been waiting for this moment for such a long time...waiting for the right time...but I've realized that there is no "perfect time" to start something new. The only time is now. With that being said, I am ready to close this chapter of my life and am so excited to see what the next one holds. Cheers!!

Now, I'd love to know...
What's the most courageous thing that you've ever done? And what is your dream?

xo


Shop the Post






No comments:

Post a Comment