Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Apothederm Review



Happy Wednesday, lovely friends!


You all know how much I love skincare so I'll be reviewing Apothederm Acne Clarifying System today. :-) This is my first time ever using the products and I am excited to share my thoughts with you!





I have suffered from acne since I was in middle school. I thought that it would go away with age, but it hasn't. I have tried a million many different products and have made so many visits to the dermatologist, but nothing ever seemed to work. As I've gotten older,  my acne has subsided a bit, although not completely. However, I do notice that it gets worse around certain times of the month or is triggered by something I eat (thank you Whole30!). I don't think that living in a polluted city helps much either.

I decided to try the Apothederm Acne Clarifying System out of both desperation and intrigue. I've never found any acne products that are moisturizing and anti-aging. This set comes with three products: a cleanser, a toner and a treatment. I've included my thoughts for each one below!



Brightening Cleanser


The brightening cleanser is said to not only cleanse, but brighten, refine and tone skin. In the past, I have had a really hard time finding the right cleanser. I have found that very few work well with my skin. I have also had issues with products being too fragrant so I love that this is fragrance free. I used it 1-2 times daily and it left my skin feeling refreshed, clean and moisturized, which is crazy because cleansers normally leave my skin feeling very dry. It contains malic acid and vitamin C to moisturize, protect the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.



Clarifying Toner


The clarifying toner is said to remove oil, dirt and make up while refining skin texture. I love that this is a natural toner with green tea, aloe, cucumber and chamomile to help soothe the skin. It also includes malic acid to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and hyperpigmentation. I have used toners in the past that included alcohol and it stung my skin. This was very gentle and removed all the additional debris leftover after cleansing my skin (which wasn't too much). My skin looked much smoother and tighter after using it. I used this twice daily after cleansing.



Acne Clarifying Treatment


This treatment is said to eliminate breakouts, reduce pore size and help reduce the appearance of blemishes and future breakouts. Let me say that every single acne medication I've used prior has dried out my skin to point of flaking. This has been super moisturizing and has left my skin feeling incredibly smooth. I also love that it's lightweight, absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue like some treatments can. While it has not completely gotten rid of all of my acne, it has decreased it quite a bit and I haven't seen any new blemishes pop up, which is amazing! I have only been using it for about two weeks, so this might explain why all of my blemishes haven't disappeared. I think that will change with continual use over time.





Overall, I have had a great experience using these products! I know that acne products can be drying, but this set has been very moisturizing and I am pleased with how gentle they have been on my skin. I will continue to use it and see what results yield from using it over an extended period of time. I'm so excited to have FINALLY found acne products that actually work and that are good for my skin. Yay yay yay! So if you have stubborn skin like me, you might want to give it a try ;-)

Have a great day!

xo



Thank you to Apothederm and Shopping Links for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment