Friday, March 31, 2017

Spring Fling & Friday Faves Link Up



Hi pretties! Happy Friday!

I am finally feeling MUCH better. I've been super sick for the past month or so (and I never get sick). I seriously thought I would never feel normal again lol. I've gotten tons of rest this week and I'm starting to feel like myself again. Thanks so much for all the well wishes! <3












Outfit Details:

Dress: Zara (black version here) | Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell via Free People (old) | Bag | Sunnies: Diff  c/o (take 25% off with LACE25) | Necklace: Victoria Emerson | Wrap Bracelet | Ring: Bryan Anthony's | Midi Rings: Anthropologie (old)

Speaking of health...I've been doing some serious thinking. For the past few years, I have been working like a crazy person...always two to three jobs. I guess you could say I'm a workaholic. I do have a valid reason for doing so but that conversation is for another day :-) I have never been a huge gym rat, but I did used to work out 3-4 times a week and go to numerous yoga classes. Life happened...I got busy...and honestly, there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything. Most days, I get home from teaching after 8pm and by the that time, I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to cook a proper dinner. Little by little, I stopped going to the gym...I stopped going to the yoga classes that I loved so much...and I stopped cooking actual meals because I put work before my health. I've been wanting to change this for a long time, but never made it a priority. I've realized that if you want something to happen, you just have to do it. I do not enjoy working out and I despise eating vegetables, but I acknowledge how important one's health is so it's something that I'm going to change. I've done two rounds of Whole30 and was blown away by how much diet plays a part in pretty much everything. It definitely opened my eyes up to things that I didn't see before. I've never done an actual "diet" before though so if you guys have any recommendations, I'd love to hear! I'd also love to know of any fun workouts or programs that you'd recommend. :-) Seriously...I need all the help I can get haha!

Anyway, on to my outfit! You'd be surprised to know that I actually don't shop too much, BUT every now and then I will find a piece that I simply can't live without. This dress was a recent Zara purchase and it is soooooo pretty! I bought a similar black one while in Europe and when I saw this, all those incredible feelings from our trip came rushing back. It's an adorable dress that can be dressed up or down (and it's perfect for Coachella!). I'd say it runs a little on the large side, but I still love it! I styled it with my favorite lace up heels that I wear way too much and the most gorgeous bucket bag. I opted for a natural quartz pendant necklace, a beautiful ring and dainty midi rings to finish it off.

Enjoy your weekend!!

xo

P.S. Only two more weeks to snag a tee from my collection! Check them out here





-----------------------------

This week's favorite look is from........






This look is super sleek and chic! I am obsessed with that scalloped jacket. What a perfect addition for Spring!

----------------------------

If this is your first time, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment