Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Aztec & Arrows












 


Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher
 
Kimono: Lularoe
Top: LC Lauren Conrad
Skirt: Lularoe
Boots: Lauren Conrad
Hat: Target
Necklace: J.Crew Factory
Rings: LC Lauren Conrad
 
Edgy is not really a word I would use to describe myself. When I think of edgy, I think black...studs....leather jackets...cool girls. When I look in my closet, I see.....tulle....ruffles....sequins....an explosion of color. My style is feminine and romantic.....fun and colorful....prim with a touch of boho and vintage. I'm definitely not the girl walking down the street in a t-shirt and jeans looking absolutely fabulous and effortless. I haven't nailed the "effortless" look yet. It takes a lot of effort!
 
I stepped a little bit outside my comfort zone for this outfit and challenged myself to style this skirt in a different way. I wanted something fall inspired, a little edgy, a little boho, but still comfortable. I think change can be good sometimes. Changing your perspective helps you to grow individually and in this case, stylistically. Fashion is always evolving and your style will always be evolving, as it should so sometimes, it's just fun to play around with different styles that are not your norm, but still make it your own. 
 
This whole outfit was styled around this adorable arrow skirt that I received in my shipment not too long ago. I paired it with a tucked in white crotchet tank and black/white Aztec fringed kimono. Pattern mixing is kind of my thing and I am really happy with the way this turned out. To keep it from getting too crazy, I added a black floppy hat and ankle boots to up the cool factor. A pendant necklace was the perfect finishing touch. This outfit was so comfy! Perfect for the weekend!  




1 comment:

  1. great outfit sweetie!!
    back to sending my love from the sandpit...
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete