Friday, November 17, 2017

Black and White Ruffled Dress & Link Up




Yay! Happy Friday!

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away. It feels like this year has gone by so fast! I have some Black Friday shopping tips and a comprehensive list of sales (I had a list of nearly 50 stores last year!) going up next week so stay tuned :-)













Outfit Details

Dress | Coat c/o | Boots c/o | Handbag c/o | Sunnies c/o (get 25% with LIZZIEDIFF) | Tights c/o 


In all seriousness, Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year. About five years ago, I started a fun tradition with my siblings. We make a list of stores we want to go to, wake up SUPER early and go shopping in our PJ's. I always get my Christmas shopping done at this time and my siblings love being able to pick out their own gifts ;-) The first year we went, I learned that Target was definitely off limits. I remember driving by at 2am and seeing a full parking lot, not realizing that people even crazier than us had already loaded up their shopping carts with flat screen TV's (how many does one person need anyway?) and were waiting in a line that wrapped around the store. I thought to myself..."what is this craziness?" We walked out just as fast as we walked in and vowed to never return to Target or any other large store on Black Friday again. We discovered that the local mall wasn't nearly as packed and still had great sales. In later years, we decided to make the 45 minute drive to the outlets, which we basically had to ourselves because no one wants to drive that far at 2am haha. I mean, how many times during the year can you go on a road trip in your PJ's to shop? So much fun! I definitely prefer to shop online, but I still like to do this to spend time with my siblings. This is also the time that I typically like to shop for myself (online, of course) since I don't do a ton of shopping throughout the year. Every year, I add another Victoria's Secret flannel PJ to my collection and usually buy a handful of winter items. You better believe that I have screenshots on my phone of everything I'm lusting after and crossing my fingers that it doesn't sell out in my size by that time haha! :-)

Anyway, even though I don't wear too much black, I thought this dress was super cute. I love the French girl vibe it has! I styled it with these warm black fleece-lined tights, adorable bow boots and sparkly embellished handbag. I topped it off with this darling light pink coat. 

What are your plans for the weekend? 

Feel free to share below!

xo


--------------------------------------

Welcome back!

Today's favorite is...







I'm absolutely in love this coat! It's trendy and timeless at the same time.


-----------------------

Link up time - yay! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment