Friday, May 5, 2017

Best Dressed Wedding Guest & Friday Faves Link Up



Happy Friday, lovelies!
And Happy Cinco de Mayo!


I don't know about you, but my week has been absolutely insane! Thank you SO much for those of you that checked in on me. I am feeling much, much better! I finished my (real) last day of work yesterday and although, I have a lot to catch up on, I am definitely going to use this day to relax and recharge :-) The next few weeks will be pretty crazy as well. In a week and a half, I will be heading to South Carolina for the first time to attend my cousin's boot camp graduation. I'm hoping to check off a few of my bucket list places while I'm there (and sharing via Instagram stories) so if you have any recommendations for anything at all, send them my way! I have a handful of amazing and uber stylish guest bloggers taking my place while I'm gone. Also, next week my husband and I will be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary! Yay! <3














Outfit Details:

Dress: Boohoo c/o | Shoes (similar here)| Clutch: Boohoo c/o (also love this and this) | Necklace | Bracelet (similar here and here) | Floral Ring c/o | Ring


Speaking of anniversaries, wedding season is upon us! In this post, I shared my favorite go-to wedding accessory. Today, I will be sharing tips on how to be the best dressed wedding guest when you're on a budget. Boohoo has a great variety of affordable ready-to-wear looks as well as special occasion wear. I picked up this adorable beaded tulle cocktail dress and knew it would be perfect for an evening wedding. To elevate the look even more, I paired it with a jeweled pearl clutch. I played off the rose gold sequins and gunmetal beading details by adding rose gold heels and a gorgeous rose gold and grey choker. I added a rose gold pave bow bracelet and dainty rings to finish it off. In person, the dress is very unstated and elegant with a touch of flirtiness. It has just the right amount of shine and normally, I wouldn't pair this much jewelry with a sequined dress, but the sequins are pretty spread out so it works. Below I've included my top three tips to ensure that you are the best dressed guest (with out upstaging the bride, of course!) on a budget:


1.) Look for embellishments, embroidery or other special details

Even on a less expensive garment, embellishments, embroidery and special details make it stand out and add interest. Embellishments such as sequins, beading and jeweled details tend to make things look a bit more expensive. Even just a little bit of glitz will give the impression that you spent more than you did. You, however, should probably not go all out in a full sequin dress. When wearing embellishments to a wedding, you'll want to err on the more conservative side. Embroidery is another great way to up your style game. Embroidery looks much more expensive than a printed garment just because it's more difficult process. The great news is that there are SO many affordable options for embroidered pieces now-a-days since it's a huge trend right now. You can go to pretty much any store and find a beautiful embroidered piece within your price range.


2.) Choose a flattering shape and color

When going to a wedding, you have to be mindful that there will be tons of photos being taken...and this includes you. Whether you are posing in the actual photo or just happen to be in the background, you want to be sure that you look your best and are dressed appropriately for the occasion. Getting dressed for a wedding is probably not the best time to experiment with a different cut or color. You definitely want to appear more classic for a traditional wedding. Personally, I would choose the shape that fits my body type the best (for me, that's a fit-and-flare) and a color that I know will look amazing on me.


3.) Choose an outfit that aligns with the time of day

Nowadays, people have their weddings at all times of the day. You definitely want to be mindful of the time as that will be the biggest indicator on how to dress. Typically, the earlier in the day the wedding, the more casual and the later in the evening, the more formal. For example, my wedding was a mid-afternoon outdoor ceremony in Spring. Our guests came a bit more dressed up than what they would wear on a typical day, but were not wearing anything too formal (ie. pretty sundresses). If I were to go to a late evening wedding, I would definitely wear a cocktail dress like this one or even something dressier depending on the theme.

That's it!
Do you have any additional wedding guest tips?
Share with me below!

Also, what do you think we should do for our anniversary? I'd love some ideas!

xo

-----------------------------


This week's favorite post is from...

Color & Grace




Okay this isn't an outfit post, but Stacy London is one of my favorite people ever and how cool is it that Grace got to spend the day with her on a styling project? Amazing!!!


 ---------------------------

Link up time - yay! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment