Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Champagne Sparkle












Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher
 
Skirt: Modcloth
Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad
Purse: Rebecca Minkoff
Necklace: Target
Bracelet: Kate Spade
Ring: LC Lauren Conrad
 
Details and textures are my favorite things about an outfit. I am always drawn to different and unique pieces that can each gorgeously stand on their own. When working with such a neutral and muted color palette, I think that it's important to use different textures (ie. lace, crotchet, tulle, knits, etc) and details (laser cut techniques, beading, jewels, applique, etc.) to add interest and dimension otherwise the outfit can look flat and one dimensional. When all of these elements are placed together, the result is nothing short of magical.
 
This top has a soft gold shimmer throughout the gorgeous floral embroidery and although these shoes are a creamy neutral color, the laser cut details adds a bit of interest to an otherwise muted color palette. When in doubt about a skirt choice, I always go with tulle. I must have at least 15 tulle skirts of varying lengths and colors, so there is no shortage there lol!  If I could wear them everyday, you better believe that I would, but...you know...work and such. I think the kids would laugh at me and I'd be sent up to office to change my princess attire. :-)
 
What is your favorite way to mix neutrals?
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Liz I absolutely love this outfit! You're right texture really can make a big difference when dealing with neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I do agree about the texture mixing for neutrals but my what a lovely look.
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute tulle skirt! Love your mentality about using it that often! Looking pretty! :)

    Love the cute heels too! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking so elegantt and this light yellow nude color looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

    xx
    atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete