Friday, December 23, 2016

White Christmas & Friday Faves Link Up



Happy Friday gorgeous friends!


Christmas weekend is here and I'm sure many of you are prepping for the occasion...whether that's by cooking for the family, grabbing some last minute gifts or heading across the country to visit loved ones. In honor of the festivities, I've styled a winter white ensemble fit for a holiday party.












Outfit Details:

Coat: Show Me Your Mumu (old- identical here, similar here) | Dress: LC Lauren Conrad (old- similar here and here) | ShoesPurse | Necklace

Being as it doesn't snow where I live, this outfit is my version of a "White Christmas" ...haha! I've been obsessing over the monochrome look lately (also seen in last Friday's post) and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. One of my absolute favorite color combos to play with for Winter is white, cream and nude...and I'm not the only one because Winter white ensembles are pretty popular. I love seeing how everyone styles them so differently, but all of them look equally chic. When styling one color head to toe, it's important to experiment with different textures. I love pairing pretty, unexpected fabrics like tulle, chiffon and lace with cozy knits and faux fur. I also love adding in pieces that have a pattern (polka dot tulle or patterned tights) or some kind of embellishment that adds just the right amount of flair but doesn't compete with the different textures.

I have a lot of favorite dresses, but this is by far my favorite from Lauren Conrad's collection. This is from her 2015 runway collection and is equal parts romance and boho. The bodice is made up of the most beautiful crochet with beadwork cascading down the front and buttons down the back (forgot to get a photo...oops!) while the skirt is a flowy chiffon fabric. I paired it with this amazinggg shaggy faux fur coat that has both a luxe and a boho vibe, which I love because I can style it so many ways. I topped it off with a jeweled choker, nude sandals and blush quilted bag (that I have literally been carrying around everyday...LOVE it!).

And what are my Christmas plans, you ask? On Christmas day, my husband and I go to both of our families to celebrate...mine in the morning and his in the evening. It's a busy day, especially since one is out of town. Other than that, I have two weeks off from subbing and plan to get a lot of work done for the blog and around the apartment...and maybe I'll catch up on my magazine reading since I have oh....six months worth sitting under my coffee table haha!

What is you favorite way to style the Winter white trend? And what are your plans for the holiday?

Merry Christmas!!

xo


Shop the Post:





If you love this post, feel free to share or pin :-)
-----------------------------

Link Up Time! Yay!

This week's favorite look is from........



I'm a sucker for a sequined dress and I must say that this is just dazzling! I loved getting a peak into her chic holiday get together.

----------------------------

If this is your first time, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment