Friday, October 7, 2016

How to Style a Chambray Dress for Fall & Friday Faves Link Up



 *Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.*

Hi beauties! <3

I don't know about you, but I am SO glad that it's finally Friday! It has been such a long week and I'm just ready to hang out on the couch and catch up on Netflix.

Today I'm styling a staple that everyone should have in their closet: Chambray! In this case, it's a dress but a chambray button up is one of the most versatile things you will own. 













Dress: Sugar Lips c/o
Clutch: D.Mone Handbags (also available in camel and light green) c/o
Brooch: Chloe & Isabel by Angelica c/o (see her other amazing pieces that I've styled here and here)
Bracelets: Boho Betty c/o (get 20% off when you use LIZZIEINLACE)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

So...you may have noticed my new friend :-D This adorable kitty just came out of nowhere while we were shooting! It was sooooo sweet and soooo soft. I wish we could have taken it home!

Let's talk about this dress. Chambray is one of the easiest things to style and is one of the most versatile pieces you will ever buy. Since it's practically a denim, it will go with anything and everything and will can easily be styled throughout each season. I love this dress in particular because it has a gorgeous lace detail in the back and a cinched waist. Check out a few styling ideas below!

Pair your chambray dress with:

*Riding boots and a cute scarf
*Ankle boots and a hat
*A chunky cardigan and boots
*Touches of leopard print (skinny belt or shoes)
*Layered with a skirt on top (bonus points if it's tulle!)
*As a jacket over a pretty lace dress (if it has buttons like mine)

The possibilities are really endless! You can add in tons of textures or a little pop of color to really make it stand out. Check out how I've styled another chambray dress here and here)

For this particular outfit, I wanted to add a little touch of color, so I went with this pretty burgundy faux suede clutch. I normally layer statement necklaces under collared tops, but decided to go with this gorgeous brooch instead. What I love about brooches is that they can be placed anywhere you want a little extra sparkle without being overpowering (it looks amazing placed on this clutch too!). Since I opted for less jewelry around my necklace, I decided to pile on these amazing wrap bracelets. I kept my shoes neutral and just love the simple lace up detail.

I'd love to know how you love to style your chambray! Share your ideas in the comments <3

xo

----------------------------

Link Up Time! Yay!

This week's favorite look is from........



This dress is absolutely darling! I adore the ruffles and the bold color is so much fun! And that clutch? Obsessed! *insert heart eyes emoji*

-----------------------------

If this is your first time, welcome! If not, welcome back! :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment